• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Still have feeding problems after 3 clips worth. Ive cleaned and cleaned and oiled it Still the same problems. Is there a rebuild kit or a upgrade kit? Its a 1993 I bought used 3 years ago. Ive shot about 3000 rounds though it. No telling from previous owner(s).
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am guessing it is a feed problem caused by the magazine. I had two of them, and the older one worked fine. The newer one had troubled magazines that would let the rounds nose-dive into the feed ramp or get hung up on the front of the magazine itself. It never did work 100%. Some days it was fine, other days it was nothing but trouble.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The MKII is the most reliable pistol I own. Mine was made in 1981.

I've used the same original Ruger magazine, and newer Ruger magazines without problem; never tried after-market mags, since original Ruger mags are very affordable.

(1) Factory Mags + feeding problems: Check for lead and/or lubricant build-up in chamber.

(2) After-market Mags: Switch to factory mags. If still a problem, go back to (1).

Be well.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Have you tried different ammo? Sometimes .22's are real picky about ammo, or possibly just a bad lot of ammo will cause feeding problems.

Ammo or magazines, one or the other.

Brad

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Would cci ammo be better for it? Ill bring it sunday and see what yall think. Ill use the brand new factory mag. What it does is the front of the 22 wont feed into the chamber so the bolt stays half open, Then I have to push the bolt forward.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    You might try and see if there are any sharp edges on the feed ramp itself and try to stone and polish very very slightly trying not to take off too much . I had the same problem and it seemed to help better. mine likes the solid RN type boolits.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Worn extractor. Check out gunkings.com for a Volquartzen E.E.E, extractor. They are only like 10 bucks. Make sure You do not use the spring they send with it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Make only one change at a time and try that. If it doesn't help, try another change. I've owned a lot of those pistols and frankly, they don't malfunction. My money is on the magazine being at fault, assuming the upper assembly is all Ruger and unmodified.

Flash

Top Bottom