• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    With regards to accuracy or do you mean comfort?

Comfort. I can shoot it well off of the bench with sandbags. Would I build another? Hell no. I'd sbr.

It now wears a KAC RAS.

DSCN1711.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    As you can see from the comments, they get mixed reviews. My take on them is that they can build a good AR, but don't necessarily have the best consistency. I love a good bargain priced AR, but I think when it comes to Model1 there are other companies that have better consistency for the same price.

Where can I get something better for the same price? The most comparable prices I have seen are the same as Model 1 but don't have the BCG.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where can I get something better for the same price? The most comparable prices I have seen are the same as Model 1 but don't have the BCG.
    Yeah, that really annoys me when I see "complete upper halves" and they don't include the BCG. Seems to be a trend lately...

JSE has great prices and delivers an actual complete upper. I glanced at Model1's website and at least on the basic models JSE seems cheaper. They might end up being more depending on what options you're looking for, tho...

DSA has good sales on uppers from time to time, even though they are lacking the BCG. If you get the upper on sale and the BCG on sale it would be about $375.

It's a little more than the Model1, but I've gotten complete Stag uppers for $450 before. If the price difference is $50-$75 between a product that has 50/50 reviews like Model1 and something that less people are reporting problems on, then I'll go for the one that's a wee bit more expensive. You just have to shop a round and look for 10% off coupons, free shipping, sales, etc... The deals are out there.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Good info, thanks!

I think all the AR's I build form now on will be from big sales like Memorial Day or Fourth of July. I already have nearly every gun I want so no point in rushing anything.

Top Bottom