Moisins

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
That site is pretty much the definitive online source of information for Mosin-Nagant rifles, and is well known in the Mosin collector community...

zx9rt1

TGT Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
Whatever you do, do not ever speak of doing anything to a Mosin as far as refinishing or other modifications go. They frown upon that and Ted will give you the boot! It's a fantastic site that covers all of the Mosin family especially the Finns. It's for the discriminating Mosin owner. :)

ArmyZach

Aug 21, 2013
Joshua
Thanks for the link.
I could almost define what I have.
It is a Tula.
Hex receiver.
48 1/2 inched long.
Here is a picture of my stamp.
ugesyjer.jpg

I am 90% sure it is a Tula M91/30.
The 10% is because most of the charts show Tula hex receivers starting in 1930, so the 1929 stamp has me confused.

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
Whatever you do, do not ever speak of doing anything to a Mosin as far as refinishing or other modifications go. They frown upon that and Ted will give you the boot! It's a fantastic site that covers all of the Mosin family especially the Finns. It's for the discriminating Mosin owner. :)
Seriously? I don't even see a forum link unless this was meant as sarcasm

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
Seriously? I don't even see a forum link unless this was meant as sarcasm
No, quite serious. 7.62x54r.net is notorious about keeping Mosins in their original form. Any kind of modification, to include restoration, is frowned upon and any attempt to discuss such actions with result in the offender being booted from the forum. It is kinda hardcore but considering I was kicked off a SKS forum for asking about replacing a missing bayonet (they claimed it would be in violation of 922r, which is bullshit), it is no surprise that some of these gun collecting websites are fanatical.

Still, 7.62x54r.net has a wealth of knowledge on it and if it's just a matter of staying within the lanes; it's worth it for informational purposes alone. Just tread careful about modifying/restoring any three-line rifle, as the outcome will not be pretty...

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads