• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • border bandit

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    I got this in a trade for some western art about 7 or 8 years ago.
    Have no idea what its worth,,anyone have an idea.
    I live on the 17th tee here on the border and I can see Jackrabbits playing on the green @350 yds. Has 2 small batteries AA.
    thanks. border bandit
    Texas SOT

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    A part number would help, maybe you can find one on there. A quick google brought up some links that appeared to indicate $99-$139, but they were all dead links. If it's a monocular, I'd guess a hundred or so. You can get new night vision monoculars starting around $150. They are not great, but you can get better if you don't mind paying more. I have a couple of monoculars, but don't live on the 17th tee to compare. With good moon, they work fairly well. If you are relying on an IR spot, it comes down to your illuminator. Hope that helped......I'm still thinking a hundred or so.

Oh, an afterthought......7 or 8 years ago, it would have been worth quite a bit more. That's really when the night vision was just becoming popular and there were not nearly as many choices. Gen II was probably the top of the line then.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    8yrs ago I think the only people with Gen III was the military and a few individuals with a lot of money to spare. 8yrs ago is when I first got to use an Infra-red monocular, thing weighed a ton and was crappy as hell. Newer stuff is 10x better.

About Noga light, they seem to be a pretty reputable company, so I imagine your optic is a quality product, even at 8yrs old. But as far as price goes... like KofWylieTx said a model number would be helpful.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I knew someone that had some gen 3 nvg's with a head mount setup, that played airsoft with us at least 8-10 years ago when I was still a teenager. ;) I still want some gen 3 nvgs just because they're cool. ;) A marine friend of mine showed me some of his that he bought, and the quality was amazing. Up to that point, the only thing I had ever seen was gen 1 and gen 2, and those really weren't impressive at all. Gen 3 was substantially better to say the least.

Gonyea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    MCB Quantico
    I work in a marine Flight Equip shop and work with NVGs every day... a part number or model number would be great... just from your description i say you got a very quality gen II product... i have used the grunt monoculars a few times (early gen 4s and they are pretty nice) but i maintain the an-avs9 and they are currently one of the most state of the NVDs on the planet. The value no only depends on the Model but also the tube if your tube is bad ie... spotting, honeycombing or chicken wire, you wont get much for your device, if you can spot bunnies at 350 with good picture you could talk your way into several hundered dollars... Always remeber when dealing with cool gear to give it a backstory!

Top Bottom