• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ditto, THANKS for taking the lead on this. Now if I can just get home to my rimfires. :banghead:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sounds awesome. I'm picking up that new Savage tomorrow after work and will have to sight it in first but can't wait.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help with all of this.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    To clarify, I know bench or prone is shooter's choice...is that the case with distance as well? 25 or 50? Since we are only submitting one for record its obviously not one from each distance. Just curious before this gets underway.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    To clarify, I know bench or prone is shooter's choice...is that the case with distance as well? 25 or 50? Since we are only submitting one for record its obviously not one from each distance. Just curious before this gets underway.

No, you are allowed to compete at 25 or 50 or both. I am going to shoot at 25 and 50. Others may wish to only do one or the other.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No, you are allowed to compete at 25 or 50 or both. I am going to shoot at 25 and 50. Others may wish to only do one or the other.
    Okay, so what you're saying is that the 10 targets, 4 official, and 1 record applies to each distance individually? In that case I will likely shoot both as well. Otherwise I plan to shoot at 50 for the added challenge of it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think he was referring to how to score if you don't have a scoring gauge since it differentiates based on whether the gauge completely covers an area.

Yeah, the scoring gauge thing I don't get. Every competition I've shot, if the shot cuts the line, you're in. If they'd at least give us dimensions on the scoring gauge, it might help...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Okay, so what you're saying is that the 10 targets, 4 official, and 1 record applies to each distance individually? In that case I will likely shoot both as well. Otherwise I plan to shoot at 50 for the added challenge of it.

Correct. If you are going for "expert" you will have to shoot less practice targets and only get 1 shot at an official target.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Please read the rules and look at the target. It's common sense. Each target has 10 mini-targets and 2 sighters. The sighters are to dial in your gun/dope. Fire 1 shot at each of the 10 remaining targets(which is how the score is calculated).

As for the classifications, I can't really explain it better than is written above:
    5. Three Classifications: Rookie, Marksman and Expert...
    Everyone starts out as a Rookie classification and works their way up the 'ladder' based on posted scores for record. Once you have achieved Marksman or Expert Classification you will not lose that classification.

Classes:

'Rookie' - can shoot 'unlimited' practice 10 Bull targets per month, shoot four (4) official scoring targets and post one (1) for record for the month.

'Marksman' can shoot a maximum of 10 practice 10 Bull targets per month, shoot two (2) official scoring targets and post one (1) for record for the month.

'Expert' can shoot a maximum of 4 practice 10 Bull targets per month, shoot one (1) official scoring target and post one (1) for record for the month.

Required scores:

Rookie - (0-0X to 96-9X) qualification.

Marksman - (97-0X to 99-9X) qualification with three aggregate scores to qualify.

Expert - (100-0X to 100-10X) qualification with three aggregate scores to qualify.

Official Attempts for score should be declared prior to shooting. Rookies get four (4), Marksmen get two (2), Experts get one (1).

Daily

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Texas
    This will be my first rimfire challenge! But I do have a few questions:

Should we post our targets as proof? (Original post only says post score)

Are there any limitations on hardware? (This was not mentioned, so I figured there are no limits but it doesn't hurt to ask. I was wondering about scopes specifically)

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This will be my first rimfire challenge! But I do have a few questions:

Should we post our targets as proof? (Original post only says post score)

Are there any limitations on hardware? (This was not mentioned, so I figured there are no limits but it doesn't hurt to ask. I was wondering about scopes specifically)

There are no scope limitations and as of right now all you are required to post is your score. Pics/ scans of your targets are always encouraged though. This is for fun and bragging rights only so I hope nobody stools low enough to cheat.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Top Bottom