• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    People that buy the long hair Siamese...do not let it out the door. It's basically a house decoration. Which can be expensive. It's not a critter you let roam out back.

That lady is full of chite.
    Gun Zone Deals

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...is on the "Nextdoor" app.

This is just too funny to me. I absolutely can relate. I received an invite to join this “Nextdoor” app for my neighborhood. Thought it might make a good tool to keep up with any crime-type stuff going on near me (house break-ins, car vandalisms, etc.). Over a six month period, I made three or four, what I considered to be, moderately helpful posts (security related). I did detect a distinct aversion from the membership to talk about protecting their homes with firearms (or other related topics, CCW/LTC type topics, etc.). There’s one, maybe two guys who would be a little supportive - but most folks (majority women & a few men) were very vocal about opposing, what I considered pretty basic, common sense approaches to safety & security. Issues discussing their very young (little) kids playing alone were a coyote family was known to prowl, family pets gone missing; copperheads down by the pond / creek area. I believe the majority in this relatively new subdivision are recent arrivals from “out of state”.

I “unjoined” (is that a word?) the Nextdoor app after my last post was reported as breaking one of their rules. The app owner or moderator sent me a warning. My last post consisted of a link - and only a link - no commentary on my part. The link provided recent arrest information by Collin County Sheriff’s office; who was arrested, when they were arrested and what the charge(s) were. It may have had their “mug shot” too - I don’t recall - whatever was public information. Vast majority were drug related (of course) & females were WELL represented!

A few in the Nextdoor app community joined together and reported my posting the link as being harassment! So other than getting a kick out of the warning, I decided there was no real value to the Nextdoor app. It seemed to mostly be comprised of your basic snowflake types and nothing of any real safety or security value could be gleaned from the group. Thus endth my visit to Nextdoor!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I looked out the window BEFORE opening the door.
    No cat to be seen, nothing but cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, dove and squirrels.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Had some feral cats running around our small property, I could tell every time it rained from the lovely smell of piss in our bushes! :mad: It didn't help that my idiot neighbor was putting out food for them, meaning they were sticking around. Once I found a dead bird in my yard, I had enough. "Somehow" the cats ended up relocated but at least they were still alive (it's against the law to kill them) as they did not have tags that would indicate who owns them.

In other words, Walmart and many other places sell nice traps that work perfectly for just such problems...
    9987323b-e72e-4ddf-8dc6-5dcd4a665ab5_1.f77bb10e921022014e3b563892202f6f.jpg

Just a tip I heard, but wrap a tarp around the trap after it's been "occupied" for several obvious reasons. Also wear heavy gloves when opening it at the new location. :cool:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks.
    Just for the record, I think I've already mentioned twice in this thread that I have a large Hav-a-Hart trap.

One last, no matter what you end up doing, practice good OPSEC! Don't say a word to anyone...neighbors, coworkers, etc. There are some real cat fanatics out there who will make your life miserable if they find out you even simply relocated the animal. Keep all operational indicators to the complete minimum, and conceal your actions as much as possible using the cover of darkness, camo clothing, etc. :cool:

Oh, and this is a nine-page thread on cats. I may have breezed through the posts a bit quickly...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    One last, no matter what you end up doing, practice good OPSEC! Don't say a word to anyone...neighbors, coworkers, etc. There are some real cat fanatics out there who will make your life miserable if they find out you even simply relocated the animal. Keep all operational indicators to the complete minimum, and conceal your actions as much as possible using the cover of darkness, camo clothing, etc. :cool:

Oh, and this is a nine-page thread on cats. I may have breezed through the posts a bit quickly...

The last paragraph is quite understandable, lol.

Since you breezed through the thread, see posts #66, and #79.
    I learned my lesson.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Yep tell no one

errr well other than all of us anonymous robotic internet peps

The last paragraph is quite understandable, lol.

Since you breezed through the thread, see posts #66, and #79.
    I learned my lesson.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This thread is absolutely hilarious. On a serious note I agree with most of you with some exceptions from experience.

imo most cat owners are crazy. Not as bad as some small dog owners. I don't care if you think its cute. Put a bark collar on it if you're too lazy to make him listen to you. I don't even like my own dog barking for no reason. Its paid off. When he used to go camping with me he only growled if I didn't see an animal or person and he waited for my response. Now he's just old and has selective hearing.

As far as cats though...they don't belong in a city. Cats on a leash? Do what you must. I promise I won't laugh at you...too much. Cats can be useful though. I'm leaving mine behind in Oregon cause the people know him, take kindly to him and most importantly I raised him to help with our fluctuating rat problems. In the valley its an issue. Some weeks I didn't feed him cat food. He got rats. If they were still alive in the tree traps id go get him and he would help me make sure they didn't get away. And a meal for him! So you can work cats if you have land.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom