more join beck boycott

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Aug 18, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm not sure what Wally is doing in there. Although it may have to do with them getting into bed with DOHbama. CVS, Best Buy, P & G, and the others rarely get any of my business anyway. Not sure why Geico joined in, but I'm writing them a letter.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/17/wal-mart-cvs-best-buy-join-glenn-beck-boycott/

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If DOHbama was white, on the outside, and said what he's said, you can bet these same sponsors would back Beck up for calling a racist, a racist.

3. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You call a racist a racist and you get attacked by his butt buddies. Welcom to America!

4. texas1willy2

texas1willy2 Active Member

Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    This is unfortunate, the double standards are ridiculous.

5. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    It's time for a formal boycott of the companies allowing themselves to be used as tools to suppress free speech.

Jeff B.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Grrrr... I'm sick and tired of this BULLSHIT.

7. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    It's all bullshit. The race card has been overplayed in this country. When shit hits the fan, I guarantee you jesse jackson and the like will be hiding in a mother f*cking cave out of rear of retribution.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    For what it's worth, I emailed Geico yesterday.

9. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    To Wall-Mart and to Sam's club

I have over the last 15 years been a loyal customer of your stores and of the Sam's brand, however after hearing of your willingness to be used as a political pawn, in boycotting Glenn Beck and to assist the government in suppressing our First Amendment rights, I feel that I can no longer support your stores or the Sam's brand. I have cut up my Sam's card and returned it to the local store and I will no longer purchase any goods or services from your business lines again.

You have lost my $1500 per month of purchases as a business owner.

10. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Beck can be a bit over the top, but his content is fundamentally correct. It will all pass. If you have a very popular show, advertisers want the exposure But I'm not sure his viewers are the best demographic for Wally-World.