• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Unless the Mexican government sends in their Army, this is not going to stop. This is deteriorating into a similar situation to Columbia in the 80s. Brobama won't get involved.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sending in the Mexican Army to fix something? Might as well send in the Federales.... Hell, sending in the cartels is going to be just as effective, and for the same reason.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sending in the Mexican Army to fix something? Might as well send in the Federales.... Hell, sending in the cartels is going to be just as effective, and for the same reason.
    I understand that... and you are correct.

BUT - Unless Mexico makes a serious effort to at least make it appear that they are trying to solve this problem, no other country is going to come to their aid and it will just get worse.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    i guess its gonna take the cartel to roll across oh say into el paso and kill a dozen people or so in front of a grocery store during a violent shootout!! before our INEPT O-BASTARD lifts a finger to do something!!!!! this F__KING INSANE!!!!!

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    i guess its gonna take the cartel to roll across oh say into el paso and kill a dozen people or so in front of a grocery store during a violent shootout!! before our INEPT O-BASTARD lifts a finger to do something!!!!! this F__KING INSANE!!!!!

If/when they do that, the government will just ban "assault" weapons. After all, the cartels are getting them from us, right? And we all know that if you ban them, the criminals will give up and turn them in...

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I live here in El Paso, and gunfire from cartel gun battles has already hit our City Hall, and also The University of Texas at El Paso! I t was treated as no big deal! The mexican army has already been here to Juarez and couldn't get control, so they left. A few days ago the Federal Mexican Police shot and killed one of the Juarez Mayor's body guards! It is all fooked up over there, and any American that crosses the border is not too smart. The corruption in the Mexican government is so deep, that this will not end for a long time. I think we should just lock down the Mexican border, and not send our military kids there to die. Just my opinion....

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Its really sad. I have read Obama hasnt done anything for political reasons. Like not screwing up chances for re-election. I dont remember where i read it so i cant provide a link. But thats pathetic. Sacrifice this country's security for a "possible" 2nd term?

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    WHY would we want to get involved with the drug cartels and Mexico’s political issues? we are already fighting several wars and do not have the military power to take on Mexico’s issues, not to mention that Mexico would consider it an invasion of their country if we sent the military over. Something needs to be done, but unless the U.S. is ready to invade Mexico there really isn’t much we can do until we are asked by Mexico to send in forces. With the wide spread corruption down there I am afraid all we would see is allot of our boys being killed and the cartels bringing their “war” to the streets of the U.S. Closing the border would be the way to go, but that is allot easier said than done. The U.S. military can only fight on so many fronts before they are spread too thin and our enemies take advantage of that fact to strike here on our homeland.

Arm yourselves and prepare for the worst so that you can protect what’s yours and your neighbors. Nobama is sure not going to!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I didnt mean invade another country. Im all for locking the borders. Send in our troops and give the order to engage with 110% firepower if need be. Nobody wants thats brought over any worse than it is. Hell, nobody wants it here as much as it is now.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    WHY would we want to get involved with the drug cartels and Mexico’s political issues?
    who said anything like that? or about invading Mexico?? I believe all most Americans want is for our GVNMNT to occupy our OWN border with our OWN troops and STOP any B.S. trying to enter the U.S.!! you know, like KEEPING AMERICA SAFE as our F--KED UP GVNMNT is REQUIRED to do but DOES'NT......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    WHY would we want to get involved with the drug cartels and Mexico’s political issues?

LOL, we're already knee deep in it. In fact, our method of trying to suppress the drug trade is what causes it to be so lucrative and violent.

Our nation's drug policy created these monsters. Our nation's drug policy encourages them to kill. Our nation's drug policy makes them rich.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    WHY would we want to get involved with the drug cartels and Mexico’s political issues? we are already fighting several wars and do not have the military power to take on Mexico’s issues, not to mention that Mexico would consider it an invasion of their country if we sent the military over. Something needs to be done, but unless the U.S. is ready to invade Mexico there really isn’t much we can do until we are asked by Mexico to send in forces. With the wide spread corruption down there I am afraid all we would see is allot of our boys being killed and the cartels bringing their “war” to the streets of the U.S. Closing the border would be the way to go, but that is allot easier said than done. The U.S. military can only fight on so many fronts before they are spread too thin and our enemies take advantage of that fact to strike here on our homeland.

Arm yourselves and prepare for the worst so that you can protect what’s yours and your neighbors. Nobama is sure not going to!
    Everything you just mentioned is a very good reason! The BS is already here!

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    LOL, we're already knee deep in it. In fact, our method of trying to suppress the drug trade is what causes it to be so lucrative and violent.

Our nation's drug policy created these monsters. Our nation's drug policy encourages them to kill. Our nation's drug policy makes them rich.

+1. The "War on Drugs" is just as pointless as our new "War on Terror" with no clear objectives or achievable goals. All it does is cause the private and public infrastructure surrounding it to become bloated and lobby to self-perpetuate, wasting tax dollars on stupidity while racking up civilian deaths and imprisonment.

The government needs to read and fully comprehend what happened during the Prohibition and the organized crime rings that popped up because of it.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    I live here in El Paso, and gunfire from cartel gun battles has already hit our City Hall, and also The University of Texas at El Paso! I t was treated as no big deal! The mexican army has already been here to Juarez and couldn't get control, so they left. A few days ago the Federal Mexican Police shot and killed one of the Juarez Mayor's body guards! It is all fooked up over there, and any American that crosses the border is not too smart. The corruption in the Mexican government is so deep, that this will not end for a long time. I think we should just lock down the Mexican border, and not send our military kids there to die. Just my opinion....

As a former El Paso resident, I have no idea how El Paso made it as #2 and #1 safest city in its population class during 2009 and 2010, respectively.
    El Paso, San Diego Among Safest Cities | KPBS.org

Even when I lived there during the mid 80s to mid 90s I didn't feel the city was safe. With all that drug war going on the last two years, I have to call BS.

Top Bottom