• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    The practice of encryption has grown more common from Florida to New York and west to California, with law enforcement officials saying they want to keep criminals from using officers' internal chatter to evade them. But journalists and neighborhood watchdogs say open communications ensure that the public receives information that can be vital to their safety as quickly as possible.

More Police Look To Tune Public Out
    Hurley's Gold

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I can still tune some DFW area agencies on my UHF radio. A lot of them now use trunked radios. Surprisingly Dallas still uses unencrypted radio. I can also pick up Saginaw river oaks Samson park and blue mound.

Mineral Wells uses "semi-encrypted". Not sure what that means i can hear everything they are saying but every time they transmit I hear this weird warrble at the start of the transmission. They run on a VHF system there.

It is nice to be able to atleast listen in. I've avoided a few traffic jams hearing a call about an accident and heard about a shooting at a local apartment complex I drive right by twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    Good luck finding the funds to fully encrypt a region. Yes, the whole region - most departments are now big on cooperating with other agencies in the area, sharing trunking systems, for example, and the federal funds from Homeland Security are primarily for interoperations, another way of saying that officer from Smallville PD should be able to communicate directly with BigCounty SO and the local feds. Encrypt all of them? Ain't gonna happen in the 21st century, unless someone starts minting money again.

Going to trunking systems and APCO25 is good enough - and using proper communications discipline when dealing with sensitive subjects (read that as: use the cell fone! It's about as secure as can reasonably be).

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Any links of reports to show the increase?
    We havent had one. In my department, It's a violation of policy.

Reports are from friends and family that are involved in Law Enforcement, which is nearly my whole family lol. It may be against policy but I guarantee there are folks out there doing it.

A local department has crashed 3 of their new patrol Tahoes in a few months. Causes? Excessive speeds and distraction of one form or another. One of them is lucky to be alive. If the powerpole would have hit 2 more feet forward on the side of the truck he would be dead right no.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Cruise through town and see.

I did - but since ah wasn't trolling w/a donut, ya stayed sleepin' under that oak tree..... Bring it!.jpg

Top Bottom