Capitol Armory ad

More primary care doctors dropping insurance companies, going pay as you go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Neighbor told me today he had the opposite problem. His wife's doctor wouldn't take him as a new patient because he didn't have insurance and he wanted to pay cash.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Neighbor told me today he had the opposite problem. His wife's doctor wouldn't take him as a new patient because he didn't have insurance and he wanted to pay cash.

That will start changing next year when 0bamacare drives the price of insurance beyond the reach of millions of families. Doctors will respond to the market and start taking cash only. It will cut their government reporting requirements and some of the goverment necessary payroll issues. Many people will pay the penalty and not get insurance.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Insurance is a mess. I have a 17 year old daughter for whom we have a private policy. She has no medical issues. It has increased in premium cost each year. It has a copay and 10 grand deductible. She had mono last month. She went to in network primary care physician, we paid our copay, then received bill from physician. Insurance covered nothing, zip, nada. I would save money by cancelling insurance and paying cash. Oh wait, Obama says I cannot to that.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Insurance is a mess. I have a 17 year old daughter for whom we have a private policy. She has no medical issues. It has increased in premium cost each year. It has a copay and 10 grand deductible. She had mono last month. She went to in network primary care physician, we paid our copay, then received bill from physician. Insurance covered nothing, zip, nada. I would save money by cancelling insurance and paying cash. Oh wait, Obama says I cannot to that.

The fine that isn't a fine is cheaper than carrying insurance.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Its all in the plan. Crash the insurance industry, create an outcry and people will beg for socialized medicine.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    The only folks not complaining about Obamacare are the insurance companies. Rates are through the roof and going higher.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Shutting my dental practice down next month. Going to specialize in hospital dentistry. Insurance companies are vultures. I can send the same xray 4 months in a row and still not get paid for something because they say they never got xray. I would like to see an undercover news man get a job at an insurance company and film what they are told to lie about.

Driller

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Shutting my dental practice down next month. Going to specialize in hospital dentistry. Insurance companies are vultures. I can send the same xray 4 months in a row and still not get paid for something because they say they never got xray. I would like to see an undercover news man get a job at an insurance company and film what they are told to lie about.

Driller

Can't say I blame you. Dental, Eye and Chiro are left hanging in the wind almost completely with private carriers. Obamacare is crap but managed care has been hosing folks since day one. I would like to see the bonus structure for the "review" process when the insurances inform patients the are S.O.L.

Last edited:

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Its all in the plan. Crash the insurance industry, create an outcry and people will beg for socialized medicine.

Nah, I dont think so..
    Getting Doc's off the tits of the insurance company will give them the flexibility to charge only what they need to charge. They can also set up payment plans, and give their patients credits, etc.. I'd be happier to see mom n pop clinics around town. Emergency room visits would be reduced because calling your DR means you can actually get a hold of your DR. Private medicine will work well IMO, Dr's are and will continue to be very sympathetic, and I can picture a world where neighborhood DR's will end up like volunteer fire departments. We've got DR's going to third world countries to help those in need, if we give them a reason to stay maybe they will.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Driller

Sounds like the aftermarket warranty companies in the auto industry. "You have to tear it down on the customer's (or your) dime to prove it to our adjuster!" Textbook case of worn valve guides. Adjuster spends FOUR HOURS dithering around the shop, most of it looking at the outside of the car. Then he tells us, after wasting all this time, that he needs us to pull the cams so he can see how loose the guides are.

Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu....

I always hate seeing a car come in with one of those warranties. Last shop I was at had a higher labor rate for warranty work. I'm going to push for that at this shop, too. We waste so much time on it.

Nah, I dont think so..
    Getting Doc's off the tits of the insurance company will give them the flexibility to charge only what they need to charge. They can also set up payment plans, and give their patients credits, etc.. I'd be happier to see mom n pop clinics around town. Emergency room visits would be reduced because calling your DR means you can actually get a hold of your DR. Private medicine will work well IMO, Dr's are and will continue to be very sympathetic, and I can picture a world where neighborhood DR's will end up like volunteer fire departments. We've got DR's going to third world countries to help those in need, if we give them a reason to stay maybe they will.

Yep. This is more about docs going off the grid and is a good thing for us. We can choose to just get fined, errr "taxed" (wink wink, nudge nudge) which costs less than the insurance premium hikes and use these doctors.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'd have to double check but I believe that if your state doesn't create a healthcare exchange you cannot be charged under the mandate... ahem "tax". So far Texas refuses to create an exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'd have to double check but I believe that if your state doesn't create a healthcare exchange you cannot be charged under the mandate... ahem "tax". So far Texas refuses to create an exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I was wondering about that as well but was having a hard time finding any definite answer.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio

Driller

I go to a dentist that has been all cash for years, way before the current administration. They give me the receipts and statements that I file with my dental insurance and the dental ins. reimburses me directly. Insurance companies were not covering his procedures/materials (non mercury fillings) so he ditched them. He has a very nice office and a staff. It helps that he is located in a well off part of town. :)

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I worked for an optometrist's office for quite a while. They refused to accepted the majority of insurances. To them, it wasn't worth the headache. So to combat that, they offered reasonable prices for their services.

Top Bottom