• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    They were sending me emails about them, good price. I've used Bud's twice and never had an issue. First handgun came three days after I paid. I just ordered the second on Thanksgiving and it hit my FFL yesterday. Little slow on that one, but I'm sure they get busy around holidays with employees off and all.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bud's is great, back when the new Savage Edge rifles were out, they briefly got a shipment in and I was lucky enough to get an order in for an XP (with the scope) in .308 during the short window of opportunity to get them. However, since they didn't have the FFL I used on file, my order was kicked back. I contacted them and got the FFL paperwork straightened out, and expected to have to wait until another batch of rifles came in; but they still held the rifle I ordered and I got it in a few days.

The "gravy" is that even now that those rifles are a little easier to find, I still have yet to see a deal on them better than the one I got from Bud's even with the high demand at the time!

But depending on shipping, you can probably beat this price (or at least come close) to it at gun shows. Plus, you get to pick and choose which one you want. I know several vendors that carry Mosins (Mel, Mark, Bruce, etc) at the SAXET show here in SA, as I was collecting them for a while. They're great rifles and ammo is pretty inexpensive (440 rounds for ~$100), but they do kick, especially the carbines. Still, there's a lot of history with the Mosins and they are typically Russian--solid, heavy and built like a tank! I love 'em!

Oh, and if you intend to start collecting them, I highly recommend picking up an 03 FFL! It's easy (instructions here) and cheap (The license costs $30 for 3 years), and you can have C&R-eligible weapons shipped directly to your house! It's pretty cool!

Cheers! M2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Excellent beater rifle for the ranch, trunk of the car, travel trailer, etc.

As Boston T. Party mentioned, it's also go to have a cheapie in case confiscation comes. This way you can stash your expensive stuff, tell the collectors you sold it all, and give them the cheapie to get crossed off their list.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That's pretty cheap. Im SKS's though. And AR's.
    Right now im shopping for a 7mm Mag. I found a Browning with a 26" barrel and some kind of a funny lookin flash hider on it. I think some national parks require that flash thang on it.

Alamocity

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    San Antonio, Republic of Texas
    Not too bad a price. 91/30's are all over the place and can be found for a little less online. I did see more mosin's in the Buda Cabela's than I've ever seen on my last trip to Austin about 2 weeks ago.

By the way, there is a very inexpensive FFL in Round Rock. $10 transfers. I have his contact info for anyone interested.

T

Top Bottom