• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I have a question. Will they fire the lowbrass field load reliablely? My nephew is wanting one for all around bird hunting and I have zero experience with them. Any feedback would be appreciated .He is wanting to shoot Dove to Duck.
    Target Sports

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I had the 930 the spx tactical model I wasnt pleased at all with it all it would fire reliably was 00 buck and slugs It would fire some bird shot but nothing low base I quickly sold it and bought a pump gun also didnt like the fact that if you pressed the button on the side it would throw all the shells out and jam the gun.

m24shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I've never had a problem with low brass field loads except for some very very old rounds.
    Keep in mind that with the sport models they are different than the 930 SPX and are made to run those.
    I don't have the sport model, but over at Shotgun World there are a lot of hunters that use the 930 and have said they haven't had any issues.
    At worst, you may have to run some heavy loads through it first to break it in but I don't think you'll have any problems.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My SPX won't cycle low brass bird shot reliably. But, it is 100% with buck and slugs. I will sell it when I buy my Saiga 12 if I can get a decent price.

jg3530

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I have ran everything you can think of through my SPX and never had a problem. Guess sometimes you get the gun made on a Monday or Friday....

Top Bottom