• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Anyone have a Mossberg Maverick for home defense? Looking into picking one up for the house...got a Saiga shotgun but feel the need to add another to the house.

Opinions pls?
    Military Camp

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    Yup... .great gun, barely tell a difference between it and the 500.

mossberg.jpg

PhoenixTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Dallas
    I love mine as well. Added a pistol grip stock and a shell holder on the stock. It runs through 3" magnum shells, slugs, 00 buck ... no issues at all. I actually like the safety position on it better than the 500's also.

Any of the normal Mossberg 500 accessories fit (stocks, barrels, etc..) except for the forearm, so you have a wide array of stuff available for it.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    I took my new 88 to the range Monday. At 10 yards, one trigger pull on the 88 did the same thing as 9 trigger pulls on my AR. And the holes were about .32 instead of .22.

Now with the AR those 9 trigger pulls were all in the 10 ring at 50 yards using a 1x red dot. The 88 may have had a bit more spread at that range.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I bought a used one about 6 years ago and I haven't had any issues except for one extractor claw. There's no telling how many rounds were put through before I bought it though and I put over 1500 through it before it broke. $9 part and I installed it myself so no biggie. Mine is the 28" barrel with the accu-chokes, not a "home defense" shotgun but it would work just fine for that.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I took my new 88 to the range Monday. At 10 yards, one trigger pull on the 88 did the same thing as 9 trigger pulls on my AR. And the holes were about .32 instead of .22.

Now with the AR those 9 trigger pulls were all in the 10 ring at 50 yards using a 1x red dot. The 88 may have had a bit more spread at that range.

I don't know about shot at that range but a slug out of my 88 puts a nice gap in that center ring at 35 yards

silencers
    DK Firearms
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Canon Shroud
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member