Join TexasGunTalk

Mossberg safety

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by woulf, Jul 14, 2008.

1. woulf

woulf New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    (Some will say "Why?") But is there a way to replace the safety on a Mossberg 500? I have the 18.5 inch barrel and after the 2nd slug, the ATI foregrip came loose. When I went to clean it, I found a plastic piece and realized it was part of the safety, now it doesn't work.:confused:

2. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I did a quick Google search for "mossberg 500 parts"...here's a link that has a replacement safety. i'm sure there's other sites with parts too if that one doesnt float your boat

http://www.gun-parts.com/mossberg/

3. woulf

woulf New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    Thanks much. A local gunstore told me you couldn't replace it, but then again same place also told me sights were useless on any shotgun:rolleyes:

4. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Ok, which store? I have my ideas but I gotta know.

5. Bullseye Shooter

Bullseye Shooter Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I got parts from Brownells (or was it Numrich?) to replace the plastic parts on a Mossberg. Very nice metal ones and an easy fix. It was a while back, hence the senior moment on just where they came from. I do know that Mossberg will not send them to a non-gunsmith. I tried calling them first and they refused to sell them to me.

6. woulf

woulf New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX

well, not trying to denounce the whole store since there's alot of good people there, but it starts with a C

7. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Figured as much, I think they may have gotten too big for their britches if ya know what I mean. They were great when they were in their old location before they expanded. Best prices and selection though.