• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I was gonna pull data for it but it seems the Deer Thug rounds are exclusive to Walmart and don't match the standard loads. Haven't found the actual bullet used so can't get the BC for it.

Oh well, was mostly just satisfying my own curiosity.

lol BC hooked me up with some numbers. Gonna try them out next time I am out at the range, along with that whole super complicated technique of looking down the barrel and matching the crosshairs with that lol
    Texas SOT

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I only went thru the first page. I don't play with theories and math too much when I don't have to.
    1. Do you have a bore sighter? A. It doesn't matter.
    2. Try and sight it in at 100yds at a 100yd range. Try to sight it in to get it close at 15 then 25, 50, and finally 100yds.
    3. Once your done your done. No math, no google, just shooting your gun at different distances.

mitchell.gary

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Kaufman
    Just get close enough to get on paper, then go from there. backing up until your at the desired range for 0. (100 or 150, or 200) depending on what your looking for.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    For my 30.O6 and a Leupold scope I use a Leupold bore sighter to get on target and then walk the bullet in. Usually a couple shots to get to zero at 100yds. Then I set the bullet POI at 1" over at 100yds to then have it zero'd at 200 yds. For years I would take the rifle back to the range before deer season and sight it in again. Most times it took one bullet to make sure it was still on and that's it.

Top Bottom