• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I always thought the BLU-82 Daisy Cutter was badass, but the GBU-43/B truly is the MOAB! It has a blast yield of 11 tons of TNT!

This is the first combat drop of one, although we did have them in the region back in 2003...

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, the Russian Авиационная вакуумная бомба повышенной мощности (АВБПМ, a.k.a. "Отец всех бомб", or "Father Of All Bombs)--a thermobaric device that yields the equivalent of 44 tons of TNT--is allegedly four times as powerful as the GBU-43/B! :D

Cheers! M2

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Between this and the 59 cruise missiles, somebody is sending someone somewhere a message.

The pictures are neat on this thing. It is the size of a semi trailer and gets dropped out of a cargo plane. That is bad ass. Murica.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    He says it way better than I can

Capture_zpsx8eji6yy.jpg
    [/URL]

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This bomb costs over 3 million bucks. Terrorists build bombs for 39.95.... why can't we.

You're not factoring in the cost of the ordinance used to manufacture the bombs or everyone blown up due in incorrect assembly, lack of knowledge, or faulty triggers. Then there are the duds.

The UXO guys were pretty busy when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    One cannot win in Afghanistan. There will always be more recruits. So long as students are killed in Pakistan over alleged blasphemy a western power cannot win there.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2017/04/14/pakistani-student-killed-mob-campus
    I do appreciate a big boom though.

EDIT: How would this compare to the Brit's old 10 ton blockbuster bombs? (they actually dropped some of these on the Tirpitz)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(bomb)

I do not wish to be critical but I think you have mixed up some WW2 bombs there. There were several "Blockbuster" or "Cookie" bombs used by RAF they started at 4,000lb and eventually reached 14,000lb all were thin cased surface blast bombs.

The bombs used on the Tirpitz were "Tallboys" these were were hardened steel deep penetration bombs, they were designed so that after being dropped from 20,000 feet the bomb would be spinning like a bullet and travelling transonic or faster when it hit the ground. Later in the war the Tallboys were replace by the 22,000lb "Grand Slam" Which was the heaviest bomb ever used during that war. However though the bomb total weight was 22,000lb it contained only about 9,000lb of explosive most of the remaining 13,000lb was the armoured steel casing designed to "drill" through 20+ feet of concrete like this
    Bremen-Farge,_Royal_Air_Force_Bomber_Command,_1942-1945_CL2607 (1).jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom