ARJ Defense ad

Motorcycle registration- is this what rape feels like?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Holy shit- $61.00 to register a damn 330lb motorcyle in Bexar County?! If I remember correctly it only cost $65 to do my damn car last year! What the Hell is going on? I know they tacked on a $10 fee for new highways (I thought highways were paid for by the state?), but this is absurd.

Is $61 really a fair price for the wear and tear my bike is going to put on the roads compared to a 1 ton car? What say you? Damn, I need a beer. Wish I had enough money left over for one!

20160711_153550[1].jpg
    Hurley's Gold

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    After they do away with our guns they are going after our motorcycles, because after all, only bad guys ride.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    $61 to drive over San Antonio's dip and pot-hole filled roads that tear up my suspension as bad as the dirt roads past 1604 east. Just dig the damn things up and make 'em free already!

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Yup it sucks. California is trying to move to a mileage based vehicle tax system. I'm not sure I'd be cool with that either. Your road use tax should be based around vehicle weight as weight is what tears up the roads.

Places are starting to look at ways to add more vehicle taxes with the drop in fuel usage due to a movement to Prius and other hybrid/good fuel mileage vehicles. IIRC that's the reason California is looking at a mileage based tax due to a drop in fuel tax revenues.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Holy shit- $61.00 to register a damn 330lb motorcyle in Bexar County?! If I remember correctly it only cost $65 to do my damn car last year! What the Hell is going on? I know they tacked on a $10 fee for new highways (I thought highways were paid for by the state?), but this is absurd.

Is $61 really a fair price for the wear and tear my bike is going to put on the roads compared to a 1 ton car? What say you? Damn, I need a beer. Wish I had enough money left over for one!

View attachment 39276

Ask a rape victim and stop being a drama queen. ;)

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas

View attachment 39276

Get a bigger bike it cost the same.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx

View attachment 39276

I feel ya, 4 motorcycles, 2 utility trailers, and 2 pickup trucks. Seems like every time I look up I have another registration to renew.

Top Bottom