ARJ Defense ad

Motorcycle registration- is this what rape feels like?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I don't think I paid that much for my 600 pounder last year and it was one of those evil black bikes.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I think $57 is the minimum for a non-farm trailer. Ridiculous. I can remember when trailers and motorcycles where $5.30 no matter what they were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Most trailers only have to be registered if they are going to be used on the highway. Just putting that out there because a LOT of people don't know that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Most trailers only have to be registered if they are going to be used on the highway. Just putting that out there because a LOT of people don't know that.

I've never seen anyone that didn't know that.

And the term "farm trailer" doesn't mean it won't be used on the highway. His use of "non farm trailer" is simply to differentiate the reduced farm tag cost from standard registration fees. Same as farm trucks.

No vehicle that won't be used on public roadways needs registration (excluding aircraft and boats).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx

Not worth the headaches. When I moved here 15 years ago from Kansas every time I hooked up my trailer I got stopped. Still had Kansas tags on my truck and was still active duty. In Kansas at the time trailers under 2500# GVW didn't require tags if being towed by a vehicle registered in Kansas. Actually got ticketed three times and all three times I went to court and they got dismissed. One officer actually had the nerve to tell me I'm not in Kansas anymore. After ticket was dismissed I pretty much smiled at him on the way out and called him a dumbass. Sad part was every time I got ticketed I asked the officers to call in and verify. Was told they knew how to do their job.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I own a 4x8 mesh utility trailer that shows an empty weight of 400lbs so it can haul 1600lbs for a total of 2000lbs. Tag total is $57. I actually feel lucky since the two step one sticker change in 2015 now requires inspections for trailers with a gross weight of 4500lbs.

I bought this trailer new in 2007 for around $500 so my tags have now cost as much as the trailer. But it's less expensive than keeping an old pickup around and paying insurance, tags and repairs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Float that headline and story around females you will likely get your eyes clawed out.
    I thought his hyperbole was dumb as well, but more men are raped than women. Your white knighting is ridiculous.

Yup it sucks. California is trying to move to a mileage based vehicle tax system. I'm not sure I'd be cool with that either. Your road use tax should be based around vehicle weight as weight is what tears up the roads.
    So were they going to remove the fuel taxes? I bet not, but using a mileage and weight system would be a more fair way to tax it. Stop those hybrid drivers from free loading ;)

I actually feel lucky since the two step one sticker change in 2015 now requires inspections for trailers with a gross weight of 4500lbs.
    It's actually creating a less safe system. Since trailers with brakes have to now be annually inspected, manufacturers are installing fewer brake systems.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Not worth the headaches. When I moved here 15 years ago from Kansas every time I hooked up my trailer I got stopped. Still had Kansas tags on my truck and was still active duty. In Kansas at the time trailers under 2500# GVW didn't require tags if being towed by a vehicle registered in Kansas. Actually got ticketed three times and all three times I went to court and they got dismissed. One officer actually had the nerve to tell me I'm not in Kansas anymore. After ticket was dismissed I pretty much smiled at him on the way out and called him a dumbass. Sad part was every time I got ticketed I asked the officers to call in and verify. Was told they knew how to do their job.
    No wonder you get stopped and ticketed. They've got yer' number!

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    So were they going to remove the fuel taxes? I bet not, but using a mileage and weight system would be a more fair way to tax it. Stop those hybrid drivers from free loading ;)

Of course not. When gas prices dropped last year the state moved in and increased fuel taxes at the start of this year. Basically almost canceling out the decrease in fuel costs. Total taxes are 58 to 59 cents a gallon. 30 cent per gallon excise tax with a 2.25 percent sales tax.

Top Bottom