• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Today, I rolled out to catch "The Purge: Election Year" at the early, Senior special. Frankly, I didn't care much for it.

The US has instituted a yearly "Purge" where all laws are suspended for one night only. The purpose for the purges is to "cleanse" people of low morals, antisocial or dangerous people and to remove them from their society. The movie is set in Washington DC and my initial thoughts were joyous! Gonna leave that alone since even those thoughts are illegal...............snicker.

The the elite Ruling class is highly protected, so the Purges actually decimate the vulnerable lower class folks like us. Many people begin to attack the unfair concept of the Purges. At one point, counter Purge forces rail against elite organizations "LIKE THE NRA!" who gain from the organized killing. Yup, that pissed me off! The Hollywood bastards just can't let us live in peace!

Violence is everywhere as the ridiculous concept of Purge night plays out. Elitists hire bad guys to murder anyone who opposes the Rulers under cover of the Purge.

Language and violence were off the scale. Violence was on the same level with "The Expendables" and "Machete"

If you like seeing young girls using MF and C Suckers, fluently, you'll love this flick.

What I like about this movie:
    The theater was cool and comfortable. Seats were comfortable and it was a nice place to be.

Price was great at $5.50!

Sound was crisp and clear.

It was amazing to see what skilled marksmen using modern semi automatic pistols can do to a mob of people.

Strange.....When the combatants reloaded, the dropped their magazines in the street. WTH! Obviously, they don't pay for their own mags and never gave a thought when all of the mags are empty, the pistol is useless without the mags!

What I didn't like about this movie:
    The story line was silly. Had the story been slanted to show the lower class surging against the elitists, it would have rocked the house! Liberals only attack people like us.

I didn't cheer for the good guys or boo the bad guys. I just sat there and observed until it ended. The story didn't hook me at all.

This flick failed all of my tests:
    There were some slow parts and I did nod off momentarily.
    I was glad to see the flick end.

The Purge takes place at night and all of the scenes were filmed in low light.

Do NOT let your kids see this one. There's nothing positive for them. In fact, save your own money and see another flick!

Charitably, I gave the movie a C-. At 1 hour 45 minutes, a nap would be a better investment of time.

Flash

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I saw it too. Your description is right on.

The political sucker punches really distracted from the movie. The NRA comment led to a plot hole. They're fighting the establishment with guns and choose not to use them for moral ground to establish a plot point. After gunning down the new founding fathers besides one. Their political opposition. Killed the rest but left one alive to beat in an election....

So guns are bad?.....unless fighting for justice and freedom. But they're bad for that very purpose?

It left me confused.

The voting booths were a joke.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Which of the three Purge movies are you talking about? You say "The Purge" that was the first one?

You are correct and I'm sorry I missed that! The full name of the flick is "The Purge: Election Year".

Admittedly, the flick wasn't a turd but it was a close call.

Gonna try the Tarzan movie tomorrow, then mow on Friday.

Flash

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions about that movie franchise. I knew it was gonna be some dystopic what would America look like if the NRA took over from the perspective of a member of MDA.....

And I second AustinN4...sounds like you payed $5 too much...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    After seeing one of the "Purge" movies about a year or so ago, I didn't really think paying to see this one would be worth it, and by your description I can see I was right. Most of Hollywood is liberal, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear of their views being depicted in this.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was all set to see "Tarzan" today but decided to mow, instead. I'll catch that one next week because the cheap prices aren't valid on Friday and the weekend. It's that Scottish thriftiness taking control.......snicker!

Flash

Top Bottom