• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aye_85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    del rio, tx
    What are the laws for selling privately in Texas? I'm from Cali as well and there we have to jump through several flaming hoops to buy or sell anything.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    What are the laws for selling privately in Texas? I'm from Cali as well and there we have to jump through several flaming hoops to buy or sell anything.

you will be familiar with the term ppt transfer, well here thats an ftf or face to face instead of person to person transfer and it does not require a middle man to do so, ie a dros or any fees of the sort.

it is up to the discretion of the seller or buyer if they want to use an ffl, or require a bill of sale, txdl proof or chl.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

No laws, really. As long as you don't have a reason to think that someone is a criminal, you just shake hands and trade gun for cash.

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    As much as a seller wants to see my ID for a transaction, I want a copy of the seller's ID even more. If you don't know the history of a firearm, being able to at least point to the previous owner should anything nefarious come up is better than "I bought it from some dude on the internet".

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    fromtheinternet.jpg

i just show them this image of who i bought from

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As much as a seller wants to see my ID for a transaction, I want a copy of the seller's ID even more. If you don't know the history of a firearm, being able to at least point to the previous owner should anything nefarious come up is better than "I bought it from some dude on the internet".
    They would have to show that you knew. Use common sense and you'll be fine.From my point of view, I don't especially like giving out my ID... It's info that doesn't need to be out there. If you're worried that you might accidentally deal with a criminal, why in the hell do I want to hand out my vital info to the same people?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And then I have an ideological objection. Given the reason for the 2A, it should impossible for the government to be able to track guns down. IMO, it may someday be my patriotic duty to honestly say, "I don't know."

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    They would have to show that you knew. Use common sense and you'll be fine.From my point of view, I don't especially like giving out my ID... It's info that doesn't need to be out there. If you're worried that you might accidentally deal with a criminal, why in the hell do I want to hand out my vital info to the same people?

I feel the same way.

Top Bottom