• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Another note, while in San Antonio dont let TexasRedneck talk you into buying more guns than you can afford. He enjoys doing this,lol.

Moi?

Like this one ah'm pickin' up tomorrow? Yeah....Savage 1899B in .303...

8061636.jpg
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sad? That's just thinking ahead!

Nah...it's a long story, but in a nutshell:

In the early 70's, my Dad loaned me his beloved Mdl 99 .303 to use while I was in the service to go huntin' with. It was stolen and I swore I'd replace it. Took me almost 15 years, but I finally found another in as good condition an' the same model. When Dad passed away a few years back, Mom forgot that Dad had promised his guns to me, so most went to grandchildren - but they didn't want/take the ammo for it. I took the ammo, and promised myself that I'd find another one some day in his memory....

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    lol i already have a whole lot of rebuid kits so i think im going to stop at the az ca boarder and take off all the mag locks and chuck them back across ca lol

Careful! You don't want California to give you a ticket for littering just as you are leaving.

Welcome to FREE America. By they way, all you need to buy a gun in Texas is, as has been mentioned, to establish residency. I would include getting a Texas Driver's license. That is all you need to buy anything but Class III stuff like full-auto and short-barrelled rifles, suppressors, and things like that there. Once you have a Texas CHL, after the six months of residency needed for issuance of a CHL, you can use it as ID for the 4473, and not have to wait for the instant check--just fill in the paperwork, pay your money, and walk. But, you do have to use the CHL as your form of id on the 4473, I think.

tecklancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    san antonio
    thanks everyone . yea thats why shes my ex. my new girl loves guns and outdoors and isnt afraid to get muddy when the time calls for it. we both love the outdoors so looks great on this go around

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Just so you know, those 10 round mags wont have much value here in the land of 20, 30, 60, and 100 round mags. I guess you can keep them to remind you of why you never want to move back to Cali.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Actually, they recently passed a law that requires you to deposit all guns with me when you first arrive in the state. Once I've verified that you legally own the guns, and all required paperwork has been completed, they'll be returned to you (subject to storage/transfer fees). PM me for delivery address....

Look forward to meetin' and doin' some shootin'!! Congrats on escapin' CA!
    Dont fall for the banana in tail pipe

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Just so you know, those 10 round mags wont have much value here in the land of 20, 30, 60, and 100 round mags. I guess you can keep them to remind you of why you never want to move back to Cali.

One of the best things about gun ownership outside Kalifornistan. BTW, you forgot to call them by the media-used term, "clips."

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Be prepared for your collection to grow. Between the ease of face to face transfers and the cheep transfer fees....yeah its good stuff.

Top Bottom