• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    I've been looking at the MSAR 5.56 (it's the "new and improved" Steyr Aug remake) and was curious about the trigger pull. I've heard that bullpups can have weird triggers. The MSAR site mentions some "pull through trigger system".

Anyone shot one?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I thought pull through triggers were more for full auto, in that light pull gets you single/semi auto full pull gets you full auto! I have an original Steyr AUG & the trigger is your basic military heavy pull.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I thought pull through triggers were more for full auto, in that light pull gets you single/semi auto full pull gets you full auto! I have an original Steyr AUG & the trigger is your basic military heavy pull.

It's both to my understanding.

The P90 and MSAR both have the same trigger style. It's similar to a 1911 where the trigger moves straight reward with no swing. Most guns like the MP5, AR15, M1A, etc. have a traveled arc in the trigger pull.

The P90 in full-auto will fire single shots if you pull the trigger half way. You have to commit to pulling the trigger's full travel in order for it to go full auto.

The MSAR has a different trigger feel compared to an AR15; it's somewhat vague. The rifle isn't built to be a precision marksman rifle, so really the trigger just needs to have feedback, and it does that job as well as any other battle rifle.

I like the novelty of the MSAR. It's basically like having the ballistic advantage of the longer 16" barrel, but with the dimensions of a 10.5" SBR. The gun is very ergonomic in my opinion, has good control, and the only real downside is the mag change being a bit more involved. If you are comparing it to an AR15, you also have to live with a proprietary platform, but you are getting a gas piston also.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The trigger is vague partly because the trigger linkage is longer, and from the Shotgun News article I read it's made of plastic, even the hammer!

But hey, so is the AUG from what I understand, and I've been told that every Western special forces unit fields the M16/M4 family, even in countries that don't normally field them... except for Australia. The Aussie SAS apparently are in love with the standard-issue AUG and continue to use 'em.

I really want to find one of the E4 models... Then again, it would suck to find one, because I don't have the money for it.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    The MSAR trigger isn't awful - little better than most crappy bullpup triggers. It is not a precision rifle, so I am not too concerned about it.

FYI, there are thread adapters that are not stupid expensive at suppressormounts.com - 1/2 X 28 and 5/8 X 24 are available.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom