• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I have a couple of the Wave Leathermans with the bit sets. Great tool but kinda bulky and heavy for pocket carry.

Must be something new, my wave doesn't have any bit sets. It has one double ended bit you can pull and flip over for straight or Philips.

Whiskey Tango

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My EDC is a Leatherman Charge TTI, which I bought specifically for the S30V blade. The blade is poorly heat-treated (a problem with early mass-production S30 blades, which this shouldn't be), and even after extensive reprofiling, it holds an edge poorly. I like everything else about it, enough that I'm on my 4th belt sheath for it.

I've considered modding it with a set of the plier jaws that have replaceable wire cutter blades, but haven't dinged the existing stock wire cutters enough yet.

Many folks seem to like the Victorinox Spirit tools very highly.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    And for shits and giggles, I got a Walther branded multi tool off eBay Germany, although it's made in Taiwan:

12n1tpC.jpg

I like the magnetic bit holder and the spring-loaded pliers, but it's too bulky to have on one's belt always, especially when you're already carrying a pistol IWB on the other side. I mostly got it for the novelty value although the bit holder did come in handy already.

As much as I bought this just for grins, I do actually use the hell out of it on home and range gunsmithing tasks.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've been carrying a Leatherman Wingman daily ever since it came out several years ago. I love that I can use the knife and scissors without unfolding the tool. It's just the right size for daily carry and even comes with a pocket clip. I carry it like a pocket knife.

I really like Leatherman, but there's too much of it in this thread... I clicked on this hoping to learn about some new multitools :laughing:

Top Bottom