• ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    P.J. O’Rourke:

I was having dinner… in London… when eventually he got, as the Europeans always do, to the part about “Your country’s never been invaded.” And so I said, “Let me tell you who those bad guys are. They’re us. WE BE BAD. We’re the baddest-assed sons of bitches that ever jogged in Reeboks. We’re three-quarters grizzly bear and two-thirds car wreck and descended from a stock market crash on our mother’s side. You take your Germany, France, and Spain, roll them all together and it wouldn’t give us room to park our cars. We’re the big boys, Jack, the original, giant, economy-sized, new and improved butt kickers of all time. When we snort coke in Houston, people lose their hats in Cap d’Antibes. And we’ve got an American Express card credit limit higher than your piss-ant metric numbers go. You say our country’s never been invaded? You’re right, little buddy. Because I’d like to see the needle-dicked foreigners who’d have the guts to try. We drink napalm to get our hearts started in the morning. A rape and a mugging is our way of saying ‘Cheerio.’ Hell can’t hold our sock-hops.

We walk taller, talk louder, spit further, **** longer and buy more things than you know the names of. I’d rather be a junkie in a New York City jail than king, queen, and jack of all Europeans. We eat little countries like this for breakfast and shit them out before lunch.

Shamelessly stolen from here: http://neveryetmelted.com/2017/07/11/america/

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    "There are two kinds of countries in this world, those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon."

I think vmax said that. Lol

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    "There are two kinds of countries in this world, those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon."

Actually three countries have landed men on the moon. Russia, China and the USA. Both Russia and China use the metric system and the US spacecraft was a mix of imperial and metric parts Much like a modern car. The apollo computers calculated in metric but displayed in English.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Well then....there's 2 kinds of countries in this world, those that use the metric system & those that killed Bin Laden. - Murica

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We have been invaded
    The British and the Japs
    We kicked their asses

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Actually three countries have landed men on the moon. Russia, China and the USA. Both Russia and China use the metric system and the US spacecraft was a mix of imperial and metric parts Much like a modern car. The apollo computers calculated in metric but displayed in English.

Unless you believe a horror movie that the Russians made it to the moon what you typed is what we call absolute utter bullshit. Only the US/NASA actually landed men on the moon.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Their are two types of countries: Those where their citizens own guns and those where their citizens get shot.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think we were technically invaded by Canada in the late 1800s.

If memory serves they crossed where nobody was and left as soon as we found out.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Funny thing is while they use all metric sockets their ratchets are Standard sizes.

They convert them to metric thinking we won't know. Does a 12.7mm ratchet even sound like a thing?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Their are two types of countries: Those where their citizens own guns and those where their citizens get shot.
    Funny thing is England begging our citizens for firearms so their citizens can defend themselves during WWII.

You would think they would learn their lesson but have actually dug the hole deeper.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Funny thing is England begging our citizens for firearms so their citizens can defend themselves during WWII.

You would think they would learn their lesson but have actually dug the hole deeper.

As I recall none of those firearms actually made it into civilian hands and most were scrapped or dumped in the ocean. All part of being a subject. Excuse me. "Royal Subject". Lol.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As I recall none of those firearms actually made it into civilian hands and most were scrapped or dumped in the ocean. All part of being a subject. Excuse me. "Royal Subject". Lol.
    I read a story about one. It was a winning target rifle and the owner engraved his name and address on the stock before sending it off as he wanted it back.

It was actually returned with a letter from the "bloke" that used it.

I did read that very few made it home. What happened to them in between I really have no clue.

Top Bottom