• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    One more from Joe Satrani in Chickenfoot. Love the way he recreates Jon Lord's keyboard from Deep Purple part on his guitar. Once stepped in to replace Richie Blackmore in Deep Purple.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I love Morgan James' cover.

I pretty much always like your posts of obscure (to me) artists. But though I find Morgan extremely attractive, I just don't feel it when she sings. I've listened to a dozen of her Youtube videos, and while I love to see her, I skip over her PMJB videos now.

But I do love me some Dorothy....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But though I find Morgan extremely attractive, I just don't feel it when she sings.
    She has that cool jazz vibe that you either like or you don't. Personally, I don't find her voice to be the most engaging at a gut level but, having been heavily involved in music when I was young, I find myself slack-jawed at some of her technical skills. It's sort of the difference between someone who's nuts about stereo gear vs. someone who loves music. There's some crossover.

Where MJ is concerned, she's a great piece of gear and part of me goes all fanboi when I see/hear that.

But I take your point. Some of her videos leave me completely cold which should never be the case; there should be something there that touches the heart every single time. That doesn't happen with her.

I wouldn't want to live without MJ but if I were restricted to just one of her covers for the rest of my life, I'd pick her PMJB version of Dream On and I wouldn't feel deprived.

Come to think of it, that really doesn't make me much of a fan, does it?

Dadgum you, deemus, for making me think! :)
    But I do love me some Dorothy....
    You and everybody else, I hope.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom