• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey, look! They're just as stupid as the people who were burning Qurans! No better, no worse than the other situation.

... just childish.

You're right. Childish and wasteful. Muslims view the Qu'ran itself as a sacred item, not just its teachings inside. Christians view the Bible as just a book, so burning a Bible doesn't have the same kind of... inflamatory effect. No pun intended. Burning any book, religious or not, is foolish.
    Military Camp

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Christians view the Bible as just a book, so burning a Bible doesn't have the same kind of... inflamatory effect.

Wrong. It is the inspired Holy Word of God. Not just any other book. But if you want to get technical about it, if my Bible were lost, stolen or burned, I would view it as a waste and simply get another one. It's not the paper but the words written inside that are Holy. Now, if it were a gazillion years old and written on a couple of tablets, I'd have it in a safe.

Big difference is that if you don't believe, Christians will feel sorry for you, Muslims will lop your head off.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah. although if it where on stone tablets, i wouldn't mind folks trying to burn it either.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Wrong. It is the inspired Holy Word of God. Not just any other book. But if you want to get technical about it, if my Bible were lost, stolen or burned, I would view it as a waste and simply get another one. It's not the paper but the words written inside that are Holy. Now, if it were a gazillion years old and written on a couple of tablets, I'd have it in a safe.

Big difference is that if you don't believe, Christians will feel sorry for you, Muslims will lop your head off.

+1

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Oh, you just haven't met the wrong Christians...

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Oh, you just haven't met the wrong Christians...

There are lots of people that call themselves Christians and don't know a thing about being a Christian. Lots of people take a few verses from the Bible and use them to push their own agenda instead of God's. Like that fellow Jim Jones a while back. He was not a Christian. He was a nut. Lots of nuts around.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Could that not be the case with Muslim extremists? I honestly don't know enough about the religion to say.

I do know enough about Christianity to say that there are far too many theocrats who use that religion as a way to amass power. Whether they're cynical and are just using followers in the quest of power or are ideologues who really don't think that I should be able to see naked boobies, drink booze on Sunday or whatever is irrelevant to me. To mirror a complaint that's been leveled at people claiming to be moderate Muslims, the moderate Christians never stand up and call these people what they are - wrong. They never shout them down, ridicule or correct them.

They need to.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

It's actully a collection of books written by men rather than the "inspired Holy Word of God" as you put it, but you still made my point. The Bible's teachings are considered holy, the book itself is just paper. It's not the same way for Islam. The paper itself is viewed as holy as well as the teachings within. You see the difference?

Thats why Christians don't fly off the handle whenever someone holds a BIC up to a Bible.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    It's actully a collection of books written by men rather than the "inspired Holy Word of God" as you put it, but you still made my point. The Bible's teachings are considered holy, the book itself is just paper. It's not the same way for Islam. The paper itself is viewed as holy as well as the teachings within. You see the difference?

Thats why Christians don't fly off the handle whenever someone holds a BIC up to a Bible.

Once again, it's all in the way you look at it...they worship the OBJECT, Christians hold the object to have meaning and worship the God who inspired it.

So, once again you make my point for me about Islam...because one of the teachings in that book that they will kill you for is the fact they must also kill you if you don't believe what that book says. AND they are granted the right to LIE about this fact in order to acomplish the end goal...of killing everyone that does not believe like they do...

:)

Top Bottom