• ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    From the article...

"This one-off prototype has 1,400 horsepower and hits 170 mph in the quarter."

There are some 5.2 liter versions that are running 8sec also.

"Only 68 current-era Cobra Jets are slated for production, and while Ford is coy on saying just how much power the highly modified 5.2-liter supercharged V8 engine produces, the car will run a mid-eight-second pass at 150 mph right out of the box."

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Are they talking about releasing an 8 second capable car that can be registered and driven on public roadways? It's already mind boggling you can pick up a Dodge Demon, a car with full warranty and all the creature comforts, and go nip into the 9's.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yeah, it is getting kinda ridiculous. I kinda miss the old days where the fun for me wasn't buying the car but building the car.

With all these crazy horsepower factory cars it always makes me wonder when (not if) someone or something (gov) is going to step in and curtail it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Are they talking about releasing an 8 second capable car that can be registered and driven on public roadways? It's already mind boggling you can pick up a Dodge Demon, a car with full warranty and all the creature comforts, and go nip into the 9's.

Im sure in time & enough 00's on check you could get one. Im pretty sure Ford isnt going so sit back & let Dodge have all the fun with Demons & Track Cats

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Meanwhile you've got GM over there really figuring out how to make cars rip up a road course. That Camaro I had was really a LOT of fun for it's low cost of entry. Pretty depressing trying to drive this big ol' Dodge fast and just having it plod and plow any time the steering wheel isn't pointed straight. Late braking into a corner driving a 4400lb. boat with 90's German sedan chassis engineering? Not pretty.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Track only, not even close to road legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Meanwhile you've got GM over there really figuring out how to make cars rip up a road course. That Camaro I had was really a LOT of fun for it's low cost of entry. Pretty depressing trying to drive this big ol' Dodge fast and just having it plod and plow any time the steering wheel isn't pointed straight. Late braking into a corner driving a 4400lb. boat with 90's German sedan chassis engineering? Not pretty.
    Yeah with all their shortcomings, the f cars were a lot of fun and a great platform to build a fast car from

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I admire how far technology has come in the automotive industry. The levels of horsepower, reliability and fuel efficiency that they are getting is staggering and impressive.

I have heard many people bemoan computers and electronics on vehicles, and long for the old days. I started out working in my uncle's auto repair shop just about at the tail end of the muscle car era. We were still seeing SS 454 Chevelle's, Super CobraJet Mustangs, and even a few Hemi Molars.

I did see the evolution of the technology of vehicles. I still like, enjoy, and appreciate the older muscle cars. They are part of our culture and our automotive history.

In comparison, they are dinosaurs!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, as Mustang drivers need any more power!
    upload_2020-4-24_8-11-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-24_8-11-10.png
      upload_2020-4-24_8-11-10.png
      222.7 KB · Views: 203

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was at the dealer today as my daughters were stimulating the economy buying new cars and wondered why 5 different people were asking about the new cobra's.

Top Bottom