• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Getting your weight down is the key.

Suffer a little hunger until it happens.

All the other 'this will help ideas' don't come close......

El-Slobbovian: Get your lard ass down in size and most of those 'overweight plus gravity' problems will mostly, if not completely disappear.
    Military Camp

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM

I have no idea if this will help with your knee pain and it may not but after using this for joint pain off and on for over a year all I can say is without a doubt it has made a lot of difference with joint pain I experience in my hip, all joints in the lower extremities, & finger joints (knuckles). I actually use the CVS brand for better value but nature valley brand at Walmart seemed to work as well?

I take it daily.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    OP, have you considered knee replacement surgery? With a good doc, I have seen folks do fantastic. Many wonder why they did not have the surgery sooner.

If mine keep getting worse, I may have to pursue that option.

We're trying to avoid knee replacement. 20 years of walking on concrete for a living didn't do my joints any favors. 10+ miles per day and 4000 steps up and down.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Walking on concrete sucks. It does a number on my ankle.

Weight loss probably a great goal if overweight.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the husband’s favorite exercise program that’s directed towards people who can’t do regular exercise. Husband loves it. DDPY. Yoga for regular guys. There’s a huge support Facebook group following as well.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I take it daily.
    My wife and I had very swollen ankles. We were told that it was a sign of pending heart failure. I suppose it is. But, our foot doctor told us to take Vitamin B complex every day. He called it 'big vitamin B". Whatever, our ankles were down to normal in a few weeks. My Cardiologist turned his back and, as he walked out, under his breath he mumbled "very interesting". He is good and one time saved my life, but I think he is too old too look at other options. We changed Cardiologists.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I am about 5'7". Now. Since my 20s, I have actually lost almost an inch. I have been told it is joint compression due to injuries and age. I way less than 120. Everything from my little toes up hurts, including them.
    Although weight is a factor, I have been told by multiple orthopedists and chiropractors that the biggest problem with most people is that we are not designed to live the lives we do.
    We were designed to live and walk on dirt, not concrete. Were were not designed for most of the things we do daily.
    Although our brains are better, our bodies are still in the stone age.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My research indicates that, for some, Turmeric works as good, or better, than NSAIDs. I will say that for me, it works almost as good. Look it up. Adding it to your diet can only help!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My research indicates that, for some, Turmeric works as good, or better, than NSAIDs. I will say that for me, it works almost as good. Look it up. Adding it to your diet can only help!

I can't take it...

Don't mix Turmeric with:
    "Blood-thinners include warfarin (Coumadin),clopidogrel (Plavix), and aspirin, among others. Drugs that reduce stomach acid: Turmeric may interfere with the action of these drugs, increasing the production of stomach acid: Cimetidine (Tagamet) Famotidine"

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

I take a 1/4 tsp of turmeric, with a 1/4 tsp black pepper, in a cup of bone broth/MCT oil 3 or 4 times a week, usually as an afternoon snack to hold me over until supper.

Seems to be part of the anti-inflammatory regimen that has worked for me.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I was fortunate to never destroy part of me when I was young. I hurt, yea, but its nothin a little rest and an asprin cant handle.
    (and maybe a few beers...:green:)

Top Bottom