• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    he always calls to brag
    about 15 years ago he was given a late 70's model colt ar-15 for a few hours worth of helping a friend
    10 years later he recieved an older mini 14 that was left in a truck a friend bought out of state
    2 years ago i gifted him a beautiful m91/30
    last year he picked up a remington wingmaster 20g for 100 bucks
    and today he called to brag about picking up a pre-64 winchester 94 for 200 bucks with lots of ammo

post up your lucky SOB stories
    Hurley's Gold

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I bought a Colt MarkIII trooper special .357 mag from some dude. When I went to go shoot it, the latch blew off of it and the cylinder blew open.
    Im lucky because I was shooting it left handed or else all the flying pieces would have hit me in the face.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I was at a shooting range and the guy next to me was trying to shoot a really nice S&W .44 magnum. He asked me for some help and so I stopped and did so. I asked about the gun and he told me he was a pipeline welder and one of the other welders had failed his certification and was giving up and leaving. He needed gas money and sold the pistol to him for all the cash he had, about $50.

A boss of mine years back went to a garage sale with his wife and he saw a large box with tools and such in it. On top was a nice, fiberglass handled ax. He was clearing some land at the time and thought that could come in handy. He offered the woman $10 for it and she said for $30 he could have the whole box. He decided it was worth it (without looking through it) and gave her the money. He asked why she was selling the stuff and she replied that her lousy, cheating husband had left her for a younger woman and she was selling off his stuff. He got the box home and started unloading it. In the bottom was a Winchester .30-30.

Have I ever had that kind of luck? {sigh} No, sir, I have not.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My supervisor in the Air Force needed some money to move and sold me an AR-7, a Heritage .22 w/spare magnum cylinder, a scope and about $30 worth of ammo and cleaning supplies for $100. He actually asked me if that was too much!

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    he always calls to brag
    about 15 years ago he was given a late 70's model colt ar-15 for a few hours worth of helping a friend
    10 years later he recieved an older mini 14 that was left in a truck a friend bought out of state
    2 years ago i gifted him a beautiful m91/30
    last year he picked up a remington wingmaster 20g for 100 bucks
    and today he called to brag about picking up a pre-64 winchester 94 for 200 bucks with lots of ammo

post up your lucky SOB stories

I would love to get a deal like the Win94. I lost one that my dad gave me in the 70's for my 18th birthday. I'd like to have another one like it and just tell him that's it.

A boss of mine years back went to a garage sale with his wife and he saw a large box with tools and such in it. On top was a nice, fiberglass handled ax. He was clearing some land at the time and thought that could come in handy. He offered the woman $10 for it and she said for $30 he could have the whole box. He decided it was worth it (without looking through it) and gave her the money. He asked why she was selling the stuff and she replied that her lousy, cheating husband had left her for a younger woman and she was selling off his stuff. He got the box home and started unloading it. In the bottom was a Winchester .30-30.

Have I ever had that kind of luck? {sigh} No, sir, I have not.

Me neither!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Ft. Hood/San Antonio
    picked up a 20 Guage Remington 870 with laminated stock for 60 bucks. Needed 30 bucks worth of parts but it was in nice condition. Its the sureshot model i think. That and i traded a 91/30 for a Rossi .357 snubnose. Told the guy i would offer him cash as well. He said no, i just want a rifle. Dont think he could shoot the little pistol too well. It only had 44 rounds through it, and he gave me the other 6

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My supervisor in the Air Force needed some money to move and sold me an AR-7, a Heritage .22 w/spare magnum cylinder, a scope and about $30 worth of ammo and cleaning supplies for $100. He actually asked me if that was too much!

ohhh man i have wanted one fo those since i saw "From Russia With Love"

only times i've EVER gotten lucky, i can only talk about in teh man cave :(

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I had a kid I went to high school with come to my house with a really nice S&W .44 mag said he was moving and needed the money for gas he wanted $150 for it i didnt buy it cause it smelled alittle fishy. Turns out he developed a pesky meth habit and stole it out of a neighbors car his parents turned him in to the cops. Bad luck is still luck I guess.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Went to the range at Fort Sill, Oklahoma with a Marine Corps Captain back in 1982. He liked my S&W so much he traded a new, unfired Smith-Corona M1903 (still covered in cosmoline and wrapped in arsenal paper) for that .357 Highway Patrolman.

No, you can't have it, and it is still in an unfired condition (yes, I put two rounds through it and it beat me so bad I put it away).

Top Bottom