• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Kinda hard to beat toyota reliability...in my humble opinion. I have 225,000 miles on the old war wagon, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I'm currently on the prowl for a 2014 and up GX460 to replace it with, one of the most under rated 4x4 platforms on the market if you're into overland type of offroading.
    6e4d8a90f2d9714073ee5ead50362683.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    Every once in a while Dodge will bring out a special edition in a bright yellow and they have been doing that since the 1990's. A neighbor of mine has a Dodge Ram in bright yellow. Other Big Three companies do this from time to time: bring out a bright nostalgic yellow, orange, red, plum or chartreuse. Japanese-brand trucks in modern times are hesitant to do this. People are more introverted these days and want anonymity. Brave bold individuality is dead. This canary Dodge looks quite daring indeed. A guy could, figuratively, rope a lot of young fillies with this kind of rig. Could you see yourself showing up to your high school prom or homecoming in this?
    1597099534215.png

Attachments

• 1597099395382.png
      1597099395382.png
      870 KB · Views: 410
    Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Flop colors are also bullshit to repaint after accidents, so insurance companies hate them

The absolute worst is matte black.

Some carmakers made buyers sign a waiver, because it’s nearly impossible to match...so the entire car has to get painted to fix localized damage.

The waiver also has care instructions...you obviously can’t wax it. Car washes aren’t good l, either.

But there’s more...anything oily or acidic that touches the paint will often basically leave a stain unless immediately removed. This includes bird poop.

Supposedly they are a bit better now. I’m a few years out of the game ... but I wouldn’t own a matte black car.

Edit: typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx

Some carmakers made buyers sign a waiver, because it’s nearly impossible to match...so the entire car has to get painted to fix localized damage.

The waiver also has care instructions...you obviously can’t wax it. Car washes aren’t good l, either.

But there’s more...anything oily or acidic that touches the paint will often basically leave a stain unless immediately removed. This includes bird poop.

Supposedly they are a bit better now. I’m a few years out of the game ... but I would own a matte black car.

Any black, including gloss black, is a pain to maintain. The colors that hide dust, wax buffer swirl marks and fine scratches the best are a metallic silver, metallic sand, metallic neutral, metallic gray, champagne gold, pewter, platinum, gunmetal and metallic tan. More or less the color of a typical laptop PC.
    1597157423206.png

1597157251104.png

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Supposedly they are a bit better now. I’m a few years out of the game ... but I would own a matte black car.

I did a few years ago. Not entire cars, as that wasn't the trend yet back then, but stripes or flame jobs that were done in a matte finish, while the rest was gloss. Wasn't a fan back then, and still not.

The only paint jobs I like in a matte finish are camo paint jobs. Matte finish works with with a camo paint job. But that is an exception.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Any black, including gloss black, is a pain to maintain. The colors that hide dust, wax buffer swirl marks and fine scratches the best are a metallic silver, metallic sand, metallic neutral, metallic gray, champagne gold, pewter, platinum, gunmetal and metallic tan. More or less the color of a typical laptop PC.
    View attachment 223465

View attachment 223464

You’re absolutely right.
    I owned a black expedition, swore never again. I had it covered inside a garage and I still couldn’t keep dust off of it.

Then I got another black car, a Chevy Volt because CA...fight me

This time I really mean it: never again will I own a black car.

IMHO they either look showroom-ready, or crappy. There’s no in-between, but admittedly I’m OCD...

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I prefer factory paint. I would even settle for stock metallic red than pay extra to have lemon yellow aftermarket. White and silver would even be more insipid to me. It seems that people's tastes in automotive colors have changed dramatically over the past 40 years or so. Even buff/cream has become very rare as it was so common on up through the '80's. I would think present-day color offerings would reflect what the majority of new vehicle buyers want and not just what appeals to carmaker corporate executives' personal tastes. People still buy brightly-colored M&M's, Skittles, Reese's Pieces and jelly beans but just don't want their vehicles in those candy colors. People who are rainbow-color-shy tend to be in regards to the clothing and accessories they wear on their person and the vehicles they are seen driving, not in the food and beverages they consume. New Harley-Davidsons don't seem as colorful as they used to be.

New vehicles are already highly-expensive as it stands even in boring colors. I don't know which model year was the last Toyota truck in lemon yellow to be offered to the American car buyers. 1981 was the latest model year I've seen in that as a stock Toyota truck color. Fire engine non-metallic red trucks and cars still existed into at least the mid-2000's.

Younger generations of people don't look, dress and present themselves as attractive as they did decades ago also. Looking like a bum, a convict, a horror film alien, a nerd and/or being obese seems to be the current fashion. So it's no surprise that cars and trucks have lost their beauty, style, classic coolness, individuality, and elegance of yesteryear as well.
    The current Tacos aren't nearly as pretty as the older ones. The blue they had a few years back was my favorite even if my Frontier is white.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You’re absolutely right.
    I owned a black expedition, swore never again. I had it covered inside a garage and I still couldn’t keep dust off of it.

Then I got another black car, a Chevy Volt because CA...fight me

This time I really mean it: never again will I own a black car.

IMHO they either look showroom-ready, or crappy. There’s no in-between, but admittedly I’m OCD...

Black cars done right are incredibly beautiful to look at. But a PITA to keep them that way. I have owned two black vehicles in my life, and really don't want another. One was a 2003 Mustang. The other a 1979 Trans Am.

My Mustang was not a GT. And my Trans Am was a non SE version.
    03 Mistang.jpg
    79TA.jpeg

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    As usual, you don't have a clue. The color choices by the manufacturers is based upon consumer preferences. The use focus groups, polls and other means to determine color options for the vehicles. Some colors are offered because of considerations for fleets or companies that buy large numbers of vehicles at a time.

And what one person wants in a color option is irrelevant. The are are concerned with what a large portion of the buying market is interested in. They offer what sells cars. End of story. Don't like the colors, then don't buy it.

Just really seems like such a trivial matter to whine about to me though.
    How did polls work for Hilldbeast?

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    I hate the Big Three. The guys working there, including parts, are often total arrogant assholes. They are often pushy, rude and condescending. They want to squeeze money out of you and nothing else. The products are overpriced crap. If you want to be treated right as a customer and get a quality new car or truck at a fair market price, look no further than your friendly neighborhood Toyota retailer. Don't expect rebates, horse-trading, haggling, tire-kicking, cigar smoke blowing or gimmicks with any new Toyota product. I don't. Toyotas are hard market because they are truly worth a damn.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Black cars done right are incredibly beautiful to look at. But a PITA to keep them that way. I have owned two black vehicles in my life, and really don't want another. One was a 2003 Mustang. The other a 1979 Trans Am.

My Mustang was not a GT. And my Trans Am was a non SE version. View attachment 223469 View attachment 223470
    I wouldn’t advertise owning a V6 Mustang...nice Tranny though.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Every once in a while Dodge will bring out a special edition in a bright yellow and they have been doing that since the 1990's. A neighbor of mine has a Dodge Ram in bright yellow. Other Big Three companies do this from time to time: bring out a bright nostalgic yellow, orange, red, plum or chartreuse. Japanese-brand trucks in modern times are hesitant to do this. People are more introverted these days and want anonymity. Brave bold individuality is dead. This canary Dodge looks quite daring indeed. A guy could, figuratively, rope a lot of young fillies with this kind of rig. Could you see yourself showing up to your high school prom or homecoming in this? View attachment 223400

I’m sorry, but that canary yellow truck looks as gay as a parade. I can’t imagine how sick I’d get of looking at that every day.

I’m not introverted or seeking anonymity. I just don’t like ugly trucks.

Top Bottom