• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I dont have my license to do so yet so, I am prepared to take some heat. Anyways, it was time for me to walk my dog and while I was putting my jacket on I noticed my holster out of the corner of my eye. I have only put the holster on once before and my firearm was only in it for a few moments. I though to myself for a minute and decided to run my belt through it and and pack my pistol for the walk.

I had to find out if the holster will work for me... right.? It was almost like the pistol wasnt even there. The weight was the only thing that was prominent. I never took the pistol out during the walk but, I did a few times once I made it home. Man, I must say that it felt pretty damn good having a pistol on me. I absolutely cannot wait till I get my plastic in the mailbox! I will definitely be packing everywhere possible after that! I will be a lot more at ease when the wife takes off for a walk or anywhere for that matter and she is carrying, which she will because I wont let her leave the house unless she is lol

Thanks for taking time to read... my wife says I'm a dork for sharing. I figured a few of you guys would understand were I'm coming from haha!
    Target Sports

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Well, it's a good thing you weren't assaulted during your walk. Had the gun actually been used against someone I forsee a dim future for you in the courtroom.

But, since all went well...congrats! :)

I walk around the house with mine in my pocket or in my jacket to try and get used to it. I am also without a license so this is the only place I can practice carrying before I take the class.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    i probably wouldnt go around and publicly talk about breaking the law on a forum if i was you. especially one with several LEO members.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    We have your ip address, your home address, the tag number on your car, your cell phone, your dogs middle name, and the color of your piss this morning...Come out slowly with your hands up, leave $500 in cash and the handgun on the sidewalk and go back inside..We won't mention your little indiscretion ever again...Just don't do it again! Seriously, wait for the plastic!! And for Pete sake, don't discuss breaking the law online...There out there, and there listening...

Ride4TheBrand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    The Lone Star State
    Well, it's a good thing you weren't assaulted during your walk. Had the gun actually been used against someone I forsee a dim future for you in the courtroom.

If he was assaulted during his walk, I'm sure he would have been glad to be armed. You have to be alive to make it to court.

Having said that, I do not condone illegal activity. The OP may be chomping at the bit to carry, but doing so without a license and then openly discussing it as if it were a non sequiter is a foolish undertaking.

Dirt said:
    my wife says I'm a dork for sharing
    Listen to your wife.

Dirt said:
    I figured a few of you guys would understand were I'm coming from haha!
    Uh... no.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    sometimes i carry too but always leave the gun in my car when i get out in public so i know how it feels.
    but as others as said better be safe then sorry had a leo pulled up next to you and noticed a bulge or just felt like searching you, you would have been in major trouble. trying out holsters and seeing which one fits best is a good idea but not out in public.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I know most of the leo's that patrol around here and they know my profession so, I knew that there was a minimum chance of anything going wrong. Nevertheless, I know it was foolish. I wont be doing it again until the plastic gets here. It is better to be safe than sorry. But man... did it feel good!! Its going to be a long 6-8 weeks!

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Im not usually one to say "Don't do it" because quite simply, im not you.

but man.... you could lose that right forever if you JUST happened to be caught.

What if your dog got away chasing another dog and got in a fight and during breaking the fight up your gun fell out? damn, there are just so many chances to be royaly screwed.

Im going through it right now and the temptation is amazing!... Especially since im buying new holsters and stuff i want to try out. But i keep it to my house and buddys house/land where i legally can untill i have that card in my posession.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    Im going through it right now and the temptation is amazing!... Especially since im buying new holsters and stuff i want to try out.

It is amazing! and I will admit the temptation got the best of me. I am going to my brothers this weekend out in the boonies with a few hundred rounds for both my pistols and, he is going to buy some as well. We are going to shot at all kinds of stuff. I am hoping it will calm me down. :)

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I have a CHL and always carry when walking the neighborhood. What you CHL'ers gotta remember is to not only carry your gun but take your CHL plastic and drivers license with you. It's easy to forget and not a good idea to be carrying without it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom