My first TGT troll

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Austin Cowart, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Austin Cowart

Austin Cowart Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    Welp I woke up this morning and found this in my TGT PM folder from a guy names James with 0 posts.

Re: Austin Cowart
    Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jameshttp://free.elixhosting.com/james420

humph! One of my best friends is buddist and I respect her decision but im Christian and proud of it.

Cheers
    Austin

2. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Yes some of these spammers can be a problem to deal with. The worst are the advertisers who are selling things like cameras and other electronic stuff. There are ways to keep them from filling up the forums with their spam.

3. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Yep, I got the exact same PM.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That particular troll hits people with less that 100 posts. I've seen it on other forums before. Kinda odd why it does that.

I've banned him, let me know if he comes back.

5. Austin Cowart

Austin Cowart Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    well

cant we get rid of him?

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've banned him.

7. Austin Cowart

Austin Cowart Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    Hooray

Fantastic! On a side note I cant read previous posts, aparently, seeing as I was already informed that the ban had taken place.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I edited my post after I banned him. The "Last Edited by ... " doesn't appear when I edit posts.

9. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yes, I just got it too...

10. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008
    You should take it as a compliment that site has grown enough to attract trolls. Congrats.