• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Thank you.

And if you mind, would you please share with me what are the best <$1000 and <$2000 handguns for a seasoned gun “snob”. All I can think something like a Dan Wesson or Sig Sauer Legion.

Appreciated

Congrats on your Star OP!

For over 30 years my brother bragged on his 2 full sized stars. Me, being a Big gun snob at the time would not even consider having a lowly $200 gun in MY safe.

Well about 12-15 years ago I came across a new Star at a good price and bought it since my snobbishness had worn down quite a bit.

Boy had I been missing out! What a sweetheart of a gun. As soft shooting as a Beretta 92 or more and just feels more comfortable in my had as well.

I should have listened to my older brother.

BTW - I’m still a gun snob, just not a BIG one anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    some of these will be used
    <1000
    springer ro
    browning 1911 380
    any of the star 380s which the colts,sigs and other 1911 pattern guns are built.

<2000
    colt special combat government

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Nice,

I will check them out. Xmas is almost there.
    some of these will be used
    <1000
    springer ro
    browning 1911 380
    any of the star 380s which the colts,sigs and other 1911 pattern guns are built.

<2000
    colt special combat government

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Your thread made me look on Ebay again at grips, I finally found what I wanted for my Star!

Attachments

• IMG_1284.JPG
      IMG_1284.JPG
      260.4 KB · Views: 216

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    There's another Star that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet and one of my favorites; and that is the UltraStar. It was a 9mm or .40 polymer body handgun with steel inserts to stiffen the body and steel slide. Single stack, ambi safety, reversible mag release, low bore axis, adjustable sights. It was just a hair smaller than my Sig 225 but equally reliable and accurate. DA/SA but also with a safety and hammer drop.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

In my old Alessi IWB:
    medium800.jpg

In an Old West Styles (El Paso) OWB:​
    medium800.jpg

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I was like "wow this looks likea Sig clone" before I realized it was showing comparison between UltraStar and Sig 225.
    This is a nice gun unfortunately seem sold out everywhere.
    There's another Star that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet and one of my favorites; and that is the UltraStar. It was a 9mm or .40 polymer body handgun with steel inserts to stiffen the body and steel slide. Single stack, ambi safety, reversible mag release, low bore axis, adjustable sights. It was just a hair smaller than my Sig 225 but equally reliable and accurate. DA/SA but also with a safety and hammer drop.

View attachment 149561

View attachment 149562

In my old Alessi IWB:
    View attachment 149563

In an Old West Styles (El Paso) OWB:​
    View attachment 149564

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I just picked up 3 magazines for $87 OTD from robertson trading post. They have some good reviews on google, although this is my first purchase from them.
    In case someone if looking for magazines

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Funny I came across this thread as I just ordered one. Hope to have it in by Thursday, ordered mine from Kentucky Windage in Hurst. I went with the very good grade for a few bucks more, $236.00, I noticed they've now raised the price to $280.00 for the very good grade. Thinking about doing a full restore on it. All the reviews I've seen show it to be a reliable and accurate little pistol. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    It is very reliable. And if it were in the same condition as mine just regular cleaning should be enough. You will enjoy the gun.

Not sure how many magazines you will receive but more won’t hurt.
    Funny I came across this thread as I just ordered one. Hope to have it in by Thursday, ordered mine from Kentucky Windage in Hurst. I went with the very good grade for a few bucks more, $236.00, I noticed they've now raised the price to $280.00 for the very good grade. Thinking about doing a full restore on it. All the reviews I've seen show it to be a reliable and accurate little pistol. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    It is very reliable. And if it were in the same condition as mine just regular cleaning should be enough. You will enjoy the gun.

Not sure how many magazines you will receive but more won’t hurt.

Got mine today, they only gave me one mag. Seems like they should give you two at least, anyway I'm still happy to have it. I will definitely be doing a full restore on this pistol including refinishing and re-bluing. I should be able to remove the milling marks where they removed the government symbols from the slide and frame. Going to take it out and shoot it a bit while I wait on supplies to come in.

NPCAz60.jpg

YYWhpbW.jpg

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Your box looks much better then mine already. The 3 magazines I ordered arrived last week. If you want more you can buy from the seller I bought from. Best price I have seen so far if you buy 3 or more.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Your box looks much better then mine already. The 3 magazines I ordered arrived last week. If you want more you can buy from the seller I bought from. Best price I have seen so far if you buy 3 or more.

My box is in good shape structural wise, unfortunately the artwork on the outside top is torn. It looks like my pistol has a new barrel link, otherwise it looks like all the rest I've seen. I've started accumulating supplies for the rebuild, can't wait to get started! I really like the size of this pistol, it makes for a great pocket piece when you don't want to carry your big iron. That was a good find on the mags, I'm going to order some now.

Top Bottom