• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    And so ends my love affair with Glock. A Glock 17 was the first handgun I fired back in 92', purchased a 17 in 95', traded it for a 26 two years later, switched up to a 23 after 6 years, then traded into a 27, 37, 20, and a 30SF. Today I sold the last of them, the 30SF, at Market Hall.
    So long plastic pistols. :(

But I have been craving another 9mm................
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've owned one Glock. Figured I needed to try one for myself. Owned it several years, shot it maybe three times, and just never cared for it. Others I know love 'em. Accuracy wasn't an issue - I simply didn't care for it.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i like all guns,except crappy ones.....theres something to appreciate about each of them. i like glocks....they're all business and reliable.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have owned a 22, 23, 32 and now a 27. I was without a Glock for a while and I could not wait to have one again. This 27 will never leave me. It serves its purpose very well as a ccw.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Funny ain't it - each of us will have our likes/dislikes. The key is to acknowledge that there's really no "wrong" choice per se - it will depend on our particular preferences and criteria for what's "right" for each of us. That's why I may razz someone on a choice, but it'll always be in fun - because it's all about what we prefer!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    And so ends my love affair with Glock. A Glock 17 was the first handgun I fired back in 92', purchased a 17 in 95', traded it for a 26 two years later, switched up to a 23 after 6 years, then traded into a 27, 37, 20, and a 30SF. Today I sold the last of them, the 30SF, at Market Hall.
    So long plastic pistols. :(

But I have been craving another 9mm................
    So why are you getting rid of all your Glocks? No real reason just curious.

Funny ain't it - each of us will have our likes/dislikes. The key is to acknowledge that there's really no "wrong" choice per se - it will depend on our particular preferences and criteria for what's "right" for each of us. That's why I may razz someone on a choice, but it'll always be in fun - because it's all about what we prefer!
    Amen!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

: )

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Although I'm not a fanatic about Glocks, I think they are okay, and have G19 that I have no intention of selling. But I understand wanting to move to something else.

So, you want a 9mm but all steel? CZ comes to mind.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I hear ya, I had a affair with Glocks for a couple of years too, had five of them (17,19,26,23,27) at one time, then one day it dawned on me....Glocks don't fit my hand worth a flip.

I've sold them all with the exception of the 19 and the 26. The 19 was my first Glock and has been 100% reliable so I will probably never sell it. The 26 has never been shot not sure why I'm holding on to it, probably because I have been too lazy to list it.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I loved the 26 and 23, the others were just ok, after getting a 1911 my Glock shooting skills fell by the wayside and went downhill. The 30SF was just too chunky in the grip. While I really want a 92fs they dont fit my hand plus many other guns that I tried out at the gun show including most all Sigs. I might end up going with a G19 if I don't find anything else that fits me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They say...but there's just somethin' different about it. Bear in mind that I have both - the particular 92 in my safe I don't generally shoot for personal reasons, but I had one years ago that I never really cared for. The 96 came about when a buddy needed money bad and sold it to me for a price I couldn't pass up. I shot it on a lark on day, and frankly it's one of the guns in my carry rotation now. It's a 96 Inox Compact - not easy to find, but there's definitely a different feel to it over the 92.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The 92 isn't a bad gun, at least it has never failed. A tack driver, though the trigger isn't the lightest. It is large and heavy for a 9mm. Frankly, i'm considering selling mine for something else. It was my first handgun. A lot better than my dad's Ruger P89, but that isn't real hard to do.

Only thing is that I can't figure out what to try and buy. A 357 Ruger gp161, an entry level 1911, or an upper in .223 . My fiancee likes it better than my other handguns. I think she'll like one of the other handguns better, but we'll see.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I could never get used to a Glock. I bought a 17 when they first came out, didnt like the ergo's and the factory triggers are way to squishy for me. Live and learn. Some people swear by them, just not me. I am down to 2 9mm's, a STI GP6 and a P226 and love them both. The 92 is a good one, I own a 96, and really like it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom