• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    So I bought this Officers upper off the internet. It looked great for what I paid. I did a little research, and found that the frames were nearly the same, no matter which size you used, and found that it fit the frame I had purchased from Sarco best of the four frames I had. I took it to the gunsmith friend for final fitting, and it fits now with NO slack. It does hang over the back slightly, but that I don't care about. At the range, it has performed from the first shot. I have used ball to start, then switched to XTP hollow points. So far, it has never failed in any way, (knock wood) and it is plenty accurate for head shots at 15 yds. (That's the gun, not me.) Boy, am I pleased. The drawback is that my P12 is just as reliable, and accurate, and is lighter to carry. (A few more rounds, and if there are no problems, I'm going to start carrying it anyway.----------

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Very nice. I believe the difference is like .xxx" on the rail length or recoil guide seat. If anything, watch for peening at the ends of the frame rails and/or binding of the recoil spring and guide plug.

If you don't mind a refinish and your timing and fitting is within specs, go ahead and even up the slide & frame. It'd be pure aesthetics.

Nice work. I haven't done any building in a while and it's good to see projects getting done

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Hi, Shorts--This upper had a after-market full length guide rod, and we have checked for binding. The guy I bought it from had used it as a carry for two years on a full size frame. Looks don't matter too much if it's for CONCEALED carry. Druther spend my money on ammo.

Top Bottom