• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well I took the plunge and picked up this little beauty at Academy tonight. I was looking for a rimfire pistol that would eat through any cheap range ammo I would throw at it. I did some research and I hope I made the right choice!!
    Photo on 2011-09-23 at 21.13.jpg
    Texas SOT

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    The front sight is secured with one of the allen wrench screws. I found it for 329 at academy. They had a more basic version for 299, but for the extra 30 bucks I got a nice set of grips and a better sight.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    mine eats the Federal 550 stuff no problems, until about 400 rds or so, it's a little dirty by then... and I'll get an occasional fte at that point

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Range Report

I had MULTIPLE FTE's and FTF's. I am not really sure whats wrong. Also, one of my magazines absolutely refuses to dislodge itself from the well (its not an after market). It seemed that it did NOT like the hollow point winchester value box, but it loved the Remington Viper rounds.

Overall, I am not sure what to think. How many rounds do these need to be broken in? I was hoping for more reliability than I have seen this far

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    generally with rimfire semiautos, that sort of thing is ammo related. how many boxes did you empty?

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Since I was only able to shoot for about 30 minutes, I shot as many as I could, I am guessing maybe 80 rounds or so (since I had so many malfunctions). Also, it seems as if my magazines are giving me trouble (more than likely I am loading them wrong). I am used to loading a standard pistol magazine, but this magazine seems to require that you just drop them in, while pushing the knob on the side down. I would always get one round 2 or 3 down that did not want to move upwards towards the receiver. I am confused, and I hope that I can get this pistol firing correctly.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    looking at how those mags look, (they look very similar to NEOs mags) try this, lower the button only enough to load two or three rounds, as it fills up lower the button / depress the mag's spring until you are filled up.

i had a similar problem with my Neos and that technique basically solved my problems. give it a shot and see if it helps man.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    It does, Im sure its a different technique than loading my normal pistol mags. I also have a trouble mag that I need to return to Academy. It just refuses to unseat itself from the well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Semiauto rimfires are notoriously ammo sensitive. You just have to find what works.

looking at how those mags look, (they look very similar to NEOs mags) try this, lower the button only enough to load two or three rounds, as it fills up lower the button / depress the mag's spring until you are filled up.

i had a similar problem with my Neos and that technique basically solved my problems. give it a shot and see if it helps man.

That's how I load mags on my Mark II. If I don't, I wind up with a round trying to drop in vertically and screwing up the whole process..

Top Bottom