• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Nice shooter. I love going into Cimarron. Now that you got that one, don't stop now. Add a nice Colt to the collection.
    Bob

IoB08UC.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...courtesy of Cimarron Firearms Co...
    Most likely an excellent choice. I've handled but not shot many of their revolvers and I've always been impressed.

There are no SA revolvers in my future except maybe a Bearcat, a Single Six, and a Cimarron Lightning. If I hit the lottery, of course, I'd get several from Freedom Arms plus a Picra or two.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've thought about reloading a time or two. I'm sure after the cost of setting up, after a few runs, it'll pay for itself. But then again, I could be wrong.

Lee 4-hole turret press kits are under $150, and come with a set of dies.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Nice shooter. I love going into Cimarron. Now that you got that one, don't stop now. Add a nice Colt to the collection.
    Bob

View attachment 134429
    Kick me the gut on that.

Dad bought a for real Colt US Army SA, still pack in cosmo. We poured boiling water over it to melt it out, I sure liked it, then some guy came along and offered up $125 cash and it walked out the door. Dad and I sold WAY to many guns that I would afraid to know the value of today. Yea, we made money and making a $35 buck profit on the Colt was a LOT of profit in those days...how much? Like making a $365 buck profit on a $90 buck gun.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Kick me the gut on that.

Dad bought a for real Colt US Army SA, still pack in cosmo. We poured boiling water over it to melt it out, I sure liked it, then some guy came along and offered up $125 cash and it walked out the door. Dad and I sold WAY to many guns that I would afraid to know the value of today. Yea, we made money and making a $35 buck profit on the Colt was a LOT of profit in those days...how much? Like making a $365 buck profit on a $90 buck gun.

Did that on a few too. I could use a few do-overs on that stuff. Like sellng my pre-ban Russian AK for $500, with 20 mags and case for it all.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    May 2, 2015
    I needed a few or three wheel guns for my collection. Bought a Ruger SP101 .357 mag, a Ruger New Vaquero in .45LC and a Uberti Colt single action Army look a like in .22 to play with. I normally stick to .45acp, 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62 as it is just easier to come by. I buy left over ammo from anywhere I can find it cheap. I have a contact that does storage shed buys. I bought probably $300 worth of ammo for $60 as he doesn't really deal with it himself. Also just bought an old cut open safe to use as an ammo storage locker for $40. I need to weld a plate over the removed combo lock and weld on a hasp for a lock instead. Money well spent though.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I love to shoot my stainless vaquero. Pic in my profile pic.

Top Bottom