• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's the deal. I use her to hunt some Georgetown rabbit and squirrel. After sighting her in at 60yards. I bought me a shiny box of stingers. Just to see how they do. Well, after some brutal off hits on squirrels. (Head coming clean off when the aim was at the ribs) I checked the sight in on the stingers.....

Bipod supported. Shes cutting an inch hole at 50yards with the bulk Winchester 36 grain hollows. Shes sending the cci stingers NW, 310 degrees off center by two inches. The stingers are grouping even better. I know there alot faster. There not hitting above center. But, in the same nw spot of the Winchesters.

I have shot 22lr most my life. I've never had another brand so far off center to the left of another brand. Cutting a tighter hole. Shes had less then an hundred rounds sent through. Shes boresnaked every 50.

Someone explain what the hades? It doesn't bother me cause she loves cheap ammo. Just wondering why the shots groups are 2" off, to the slight upper left, both cutting tight holes.
    Texas SOT

Lobo_79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Here's the deal. I use her to hunt some Georgetown rabbit and squirrel. After sighting her in at 60yards. I bought me a shiny box of stingers. Just to see how they do. Well, after some brutal off hits on squirrels. (Head coming clean off when the aim was at the ribs) I checked the sight in on the stingers.....

Bipod supported. Shes cutting an inch hole at 50yards with the bulk Winchester 36 grain hollows. Shes sending the cci stingers NW, 310 degrees off center by two inches. The stingers are grouping even better. I know there alot faster. There not hitting above center. But, in the same nw spot of the Winchesters.

I have shot 22lr most my life. I've never had another brand so far off center to the left of another brand. Cutting a tighter hole. Shes had less then an hundred rounds sent through. Shes boresnaked every 50.

Someone explain what the hades? It doesn't bother me cause she loves cheap ammo. Just wondering why the shots groups are 2" off, to the slight upper left, both cutting tight holes.

I don't know how true this is but I've been told that Stingers have a case that's that slightly longer than a standard .22LR case. I've had at least one gun that would not shout them at all. They would seize up in the cylinder of my S&W M317 for example. To cure that problem I switched to Mini-Mags but I do like the Stinger round. I have recently been able to use them in my new Browning 1911 22 A1 but they do in fact shoot higher than the Min-Mags (from a bench rest).

You may be stuck with a separate bore sight just for the Stinger round.

Top Bottom