• ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Awesome.

My father told me that the day I left for the Army was one of the most frightening and proud moments of his life. Now that I'm a father myself I can imagine how he must have felt.

Congrats and God Bless.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sometimes folks need a little more time to get their act together! I bumped around in a chemical/alcohol haze for over 30 years before I scraped my shxt in a heap.

He's going to grow up fast, now. Over my teaching years, I saw many kids go off to the military and come back men. A few, unfortunately, never made it back.

One of my most precious memories was when I got a phone call at 2am from the other side of the world. The voice on the other end said:
    " Mr. "G".....I'm going to war.....TOMORROW! What the Hell am I going to do?"
    I replied "Joe, are you good at your job?"
    He answered "Yes."
    "Then just go out there and do your job."
    The next day, they invaded Iraq. He was looking death in the eye and he called ME. I'll never forget that.

When he returned, he was all grown up and married Alesha. I went to their wedding and cried like a crazy old fool.

Tell your son that we appreciate his service!

Flash

6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    Navy? Got rejected by the Coast Guard huh? J/K Congrats, and good luck to him. He will definitly have some fun experinces and learn alot.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Nice!

Sometimes folks need a little more time to get their act together! I bumped around in a chemical/alcohol haze for over 30 years before I scraped my shxt in a heap.

He's going to grow up fast, now. Over my teaching years, I saw many kids go off to the military and come back men. A few, unfortunately, never made it back.

One of my most precious memories was when I got a phone call at 2am from the other side of the world. The voice on the other end said:
    " Mr. "G".....I'm going to war.....TOMORROW! What the Hell am I going to do?"
    I replied "Joe, are you good at your job?"
    He answered "Yes."
    "Then just go out there and do your job."
    The next day, they invaded Iraq. He was looking death in the eye and he called ME. I'll never forget that.

When he returned, he was all grown up and married Alesha. I went to their wedding and cried like a crazy old fool.

Tell your son that we appreciate his service!

Flash

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Actually, I was more afraid of what was going to happen if he stayed around here too much longer.... At least now he will be learning a skill, being productive, and getting paid to boot!

Awesome.

My father told me that the day I left for the Army was one of the most frightening and proud moments of his life. Now that I'm a father myself I can imagine how he must have felt.

Congrats and God Bless.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    An Austin hippie, you say? He should fit right in with all the Navy guys I knew!

patriot.jpg

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    At least now he will be learning a skill, being productive

That's up to him. He'll have the opportunity but as a LT in the Navy (from Austin) I witnessed plenty of people not taking advantage of opportunities. There is a lot to be gained if he puts in the work. Best of luck to him.

Fighta1337

US NAVY
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    west side of 20 Fort Worth
    We are so damn excited!! No more Austin hippie floating on a breeze hanging out doing nothing productive! It's time to grow up, and live life.. Aviation Electronics.. Time to see the world.. Carry on..

lol i actually joined to "grow up" . I was partying way to hard and doing nothing but jack and shit, and jack just left town. Made me start college at 25 or 26 but atleast i knew what i wanted to do. plus i got to see the world. Good luck to you and your son.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's great! In our nasty economy, it's hard for a young person to get motivated with so many closed doors out there. This will get him away from home to see other parts of the world. He will come back a changed man!

Flash

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    As a former MM1/SS (Nuke), and the grandson of a Seabee that landed on Okinawa in 1945:

Godspeed your son. Prayers lifted for Fair Winds and Following Seas.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Congrats! I can so appreciate how proud you are, and rightly so. I went thru very similar MOS training your son will embark. I was an avionics tech, flight-line electric & com/nav shop, USMC 1980-1988. However, recently retired Army (forgive me Chesty Puller). My son still remains on active duty Army. Very proud of my son, too.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Good deal. Navy is not easy. It is not for everyone, but if a young person can commit, it can be life changing. It was for me. From a punk ass kid, to a respectful military man in a very short time.

Top Bottom