• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    Mornin' all,

Any insurance guys here that can give me an idea of what I'm looking at here? Hit a large concrete barrier the other day to miss a dog. Went head on, all but one air bag went off and boy if you haven't ever had the pleasure of having your ass kicked by these airbags you're missing out. Any who, it's a 2016 crewmax 4x4 sr5 and don't know if it will be totaled or not. I'm assuming there's frame damage but insurance still has to do their thing.

Thanks folks :)
    Military Camp

Attachments

• IMG-0313.JPG
      IMG-0313.JPG
      2.4 MB · Views: 293
    • IMG-0315.JPG
      IMG-0315.JPG
      2.2 MB · Views: 300
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It has frame damage. All of the front end has to be removed. Then it's put on the frame machine and straighten. The left frame rail is probably bent towards the right. Probably pushed the right frame over too. Not difficult to straighten out. Plus all the replacement of surrounding parts. Brackets, bumper, ac condenser...

I'm guessing about $8000-$10,000 in damage. As long as the cab roof isn't buckled.

houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    So what happens then? Truck is likely still worth 30k something so do they fix it and it then gets a rebuilt title which makes it next to impossible to sell/trade later down the road?

houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    Next time, hit the dog.

It was split second and trust me...i'd have had no issue hitting that mofo if I had seen him coming. It had likely just registered in my brain that it was a dog that ran out of the brush before i swerved.

Tell ya one thing...that powder that came out of all the airbags when they popped or whatever is some nasty shit. I yaked that shit up for good 10 minutes after finally getting out of truck and breathing that mess.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    So what happens then? Truck is likely still worth 30k something so do they fix it and it then gets a rebuilt title which makes it next to impossible to sell/trade later down the road?

The car report will show it but unless it's totaled, the title will be clear. If it is totaled and is issued a salvage title. It'll knock about 1/3rd off the resell value.

houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    Ah ok good to know, thank you sir. Others seem to think it will be totaled but who can say I guess. I have esurance and they have yet to go see it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Got any sensors/cameras up front? Some manufacturers put all that crap on one harness/bus requiring the entire system be replaced instead of a single sensor.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Not all shops / insurance Co. report to the Carfaxes of the world, check into that. If yours does, that may affect future business decisions. ;)

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It was split second and trust me...i'd have had no issue hitting that mofo if I had seen him coming. It had likely just registered in my brain that it was a dog that ran out of the brush before i swerved.

Now you know. Your mind can work quicker than you think, you just have to drill it into your head not to swerve for small animals, only children. I used to think I was talking to a brick wall trying to tell my daughter that until one night she hit a dog.

She was in tears because the dog wasn't going to make it and told me it was my fault because I had always told her to hit the dog and not swerve (she might not have been listening, but it sank in). I told her, right. Better a dog than you upside down and dead in a ditch.

Tell ya one thing...that powder that came out of all the airbags when they popped or whatever is some nasty shit. I yaked that shit up for good 10 minutes after finally getting out of truck and breathing that mess.

While we're on the topic of mental preparation, it's good to keep in mind that if those airbags go off, you're completely disoriented and a natural instinct if you're not injured is to get out of the vehicle and away from that awful powder cloud.

Often times you're on the side of a road at this point, so getting out of a vehicle and stumbling around disoriented can send you into traffic if you try to clear the vehicle before you get your senses back.

Same goes for driving past a wreck. Watch for the disoriented guy stumbling out of the car right in front of you.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Should’ve hit the dog! Front Clip is trashed, any Radiator or Engine Contact?

Based On the fender wrinkles the frame is bent, airbag deployment tells me that.

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I don't think it's totaled due to the high value of the truck. I hit some farm animals several years ago and had similar damage. $10k back then including several hours of unibody frame alignment. Insurance considered it totaled if repairs were 90% of book value. Mine was just under that value so I had a scrap dealer buy it which left me $1k out of pocket based on value so it was worth it.

Very true statement above about Carfax NOT having most Texas data. It's not a requirement in Texas for shops to report data and unfortunately I know this for a fact. The best way to determine and if your insurance agent is friendly, send the VIN to your insurance agent and they can verify if a claim has ever been reported on a vehicle. Carfax was clean on a car I bought once but when I added it to my insurance, my agent asked if I knew the car had a claim of almost the book value.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Looks like about 30k in damage. J/K, but whatever you guess it will cost to fix it, double that and you will be close.

houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    I don't think it's totaled due to the high value of the truck. I hit some farm animals several years ago and had similar damage. $10k back then including several hours of unibody frame alignment. Insurance considered it totaled if repairs were 90% of book value. Mine was just under that value so I had a scrap dealer buy it which left me $1k out of pocket based on value so it was worth it.

Very true statement above about Carfax NOT having most Texas data. It's not a requirement in Texas for shops to report data and unfortunately I know this for a fact. The best way to determine and if your insurance agent is friendly, send the VIN to your insurance agent and they can verify if a claim has ever been reported on a vehicle. Carfax was clean on a car I bought once but when I added it to my insurance, my agent asked if I knew the car had a claim of almost the book value.

That's the shitty part.I was told that in Texas, car would only totaled if the damage was 100% of the actual cash value of the car at the time of accident. So looks like i'm gonna be fckd driving atruck that gives meeven more ptsd than I already fucking have.

Top Bottom