• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    If you read carefully the middle paragraph of his response, you'll see how he goes on about him being a highly-rated FFL and implied I was trying to get him to go against federal regulations, to which he refused "to protect others" - that's just complete BS. I had the buyers' FFL and it was a no-brainer. Lone Star Tactical Supply, whom I went to after this fiasco, processed the shipping without so much as a quibble and I was in and out in a few minutes.

And the only "detail" he claims I left out was that he didn't "feel good" about me. It's all a lot of doublespeak that seems to say a lot without saying anything at all.

Paragraph.jpg

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well let's just see what kind of buffet this store owner likes before he goes on the spreadsheet. If he is fat or ever worked in a mall, that is a separate spreadsheet. Maybe his dog spoke to him in a nasty mood that day?

I will never be in that area in need of a ffl so it really does not matter to me but glad the OP posted his experience. We would have never known otherwise. We all have bad days but when you are a small business owner, you should treat potential customers that are not acting rude with respect. It DOES GO back to the OOC thread. Treat everyone as nice as they allow you to.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ya but did you try to take a picture of your guns at the 2nd place remember thats what flips FFL owners out. lol

If you read carefully the middle paragraph of his response, you'll see how he goes on about him being a highly-rated FFL and implied I was trying to get him to go against federal regulations, to which he refused "to protect others" - that's just complete BS. I had the buyers' FFL and it was a no-brainer. Lone Star Tactical Supply, whom I went to after this fiasco, processed the shipping without so much as a quibble and I was in and out in a few minutes.

And the only "detail" he claims I left out was that he didn't "feel good" about me. It's all a lot of doublespeak that seems to say a lot without saying anything at all.

View attachment 154660

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Well let's just see what kind of buffet this store owner likes before he goes on the spreadsheet. If he is fat or ever worked in a mall, that is a separate spreadsheet. Maybe his dog spoke to him in a nasty mood that day?

I will never be in that area in need of a ffl so it really does not matter to me but glad the OP posted his experience. We would have never known otherwise. We all have bad days but when you are a small business owner, you should treat potential customers that are not acting rude with respect. It DOES GO back to the OOC thread. Treat everyone as nice as they allow you to.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I normally don't post reviews, but if this will prevent someone else from going through the really bad experience I did, then it's worth it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, while there's practically no chance I will ever have to deal with this store; I appreciate hearing people's bad experiences so I know to avoid them if there's even a chance.

I had a bad experience with a gun store here in San Antonio, and refused to return for years because of it. Honestly, since I've gone back, they've been extremely friendly and helpful; but all it takes is one bad experience. Some owners/employees don't realize that they not only lose the one sale, but with social media they lose numerous ones. Businesses are made or broken by reputation, I will not shop anywhere but Discount Tires as they have always treated me so well. And I tell my friends and online acquaintances as well. Actually, I have never bought a firearm from one of my favorite gun shops in the area; but I send as much business their way as I can as they've always treated me and everyone else I've known that's gone there equally great. It's a win-win for everyone!

Honestly, I don't care why the store owner did what he did, what is important is how he treated this customer. Even if it's only a FLL transfer, his actions will cause him to lose a lot of money. That's no way to run a business. I don't care how bad of a day he may have been having, such emotions should never be passed on to the customer. And in no way is taking pictures of serial numbers "suspicious." He had no grounds for his actions, so I have to presume he's just not the kind of person I would want to deal with...

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Agreed, while there's practically no chance I will ever have to deal with this store; I appreciate hearing people's bad experiences so I know to avoid them if there's even a chance.

I had a bad experience with a gun store here in San Antonio, and refused to return for years because of it. Honestly, since I've gone back, they've been extremely friendly and helpful; but all it takes is one bad experience. Some owners/employees don't realize that they not only lose the one sale, but with social media they lose numerous ones. Businesses are made or broken by reputation, I will not shop anywhere but Discount Tires as they have always treated me so well. And I tell my friends and online acquaintances as well. Actually, I have never bought a firearm from one of my favorite gun shops in the area; but I send as much business their way as I can as they've always treated me and everyone else I've known that's gone there equally great. It's a win-win for everyone!

Honestly, I don't care why the store owner did what he did, what is important is how he treated this customer. Even if it's only a FLL transfer, his actions will cause him to lose a lot of money. That's no way to run a business. I don't care how bad of a day he may have been having, such emotions should never be passed on to the customer. And in no way is taking pictures of serial numbers "suspicious." He had no grounds for his actions, so I have to presume he's just not the kind of person I would want to deal with...

Appreciate your and others' posts. It was such a bizarre moment, I got scared real quick. It was a super awkward moment for me, his employee, his wife who was standing right there, and the other customers. No one said anything, everyone was silent.

I don't think it was me taking pics of the serial numbers that set him off, but rather that I didn't trust his employee's ability to write down the serial number accurately. But I always do that with every gun I sell online. It wasn't personal, and he shouldn't have taken it so personally.

But then again, there could have been other reasons.

Last edited:

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    There are always 3 sides to every story Your side My side and the truth [smile].
    The lesson here is take the damn pictures at home man.
    Best/joe

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    There are always 3 sides to every story Your side My side and the truth [smile].
    The lesson here is take the damn pictures at home man.
    Best/joe

You got his side of the story in his response to my review. Basically, he was going off of "feelings". No mention of anything specific I did. Just a lot of misleading implications.

If he's capable of lying about me on the internet, he's capable of lying about any customer, including you.

What's to stop him from saying, "I had a feeling he was going to rob me, Officer."

Top Bottom