• Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    IMG00536-20100223-1746.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Terrible pics, I know. Just got a chance to play with it.

The finish is awesome, no mag wobble at all.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the dust cover back on, it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to yell
    Lynx Defense

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have one I got in a trade with a member here, absolutley love mine, added an Ultimak top rail/gas tube and MRD. There is a trick to putting the top cover back on, the button on the side of the receiver you push to press the release on the top, just dont push it on re-assembly until you have the cover back on and lined up.....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the dust cover back on, it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to yell

It has the little button on the right side of the dust cover that holds the take-down button in place, right?

If so: When you go to reassemble the dust cover, keep the take-down button in front of that button, push the cover in place then simply push the release button and the take-down will snap in place.

If not: Just barely hook the recoil spring guide on the rear support below the notch that it normally rests in. Hold the dust cover in place with your left hand and then firmly rack the bolt with your right.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I think I did your last step. I don't let the recoil spring fully seat, then I press the little button. I've field stripped it about 3 times now, just trying to get familiar with it. It's truly a wonderful piece of machinery.

If the weather clears up, i'll put some Monarch through it tomorrow. I got a Pro Mag for it for my bday...hope it cycles properly. I hear they're junk =\

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I hope that is sarcasm, the Yugo built AK's are some of the better ones out there, they are built on a RPK receiver using a heavier than standard barrel. You do need to make sure you swab the barrel regularly if you shoot corrosive ammo as they are not chrome lined....

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Sarcasm on which account? I am refering to the Pro Mag 30rd magazine as being junk, atleast from what i've heard.

Everyone told me the M70 was the best bang for the buck as far as AK's go. A little more pricey than the WASR10, but a lot more rifle. The fit and finish is great, and i'm happy there is no mag wobble or canted sights.

G2.jpg

Gf.jpg

Is the wire folding stock comfortable? I've seen one guy put a padded stock on it

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The recoil out of an AK is surprisingly soft, I was unsure of the folder from a recoil standpoint as well as I am planning on using mine in several high round count classes, but I think you wil find it negligable....

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I enjoy the feedback to an extent.

I will say, this weapon could get very heavy after a few rounds. I am going to purchase a UTG quad rail and mount my foregrip with hopes of handling it easier. Still weighs a decent amount, but very solid.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I got this one from AIMSurplus, although Classicarms.us carries it as well. Paid $489 shipped. Then the $20 FFL.

I took it to the range today, thing shoots like a a dream. Reminds me of my glock...no problems and ugly as hell! LOL.

I will post up some pics in a little. My GF managed to load like 33 bullets in a 30rd magazine...that was interesting to say the least.

Gonna have to get a small recoil pad. It doesn't have a kick, but it eventually digged into my shoulder

SiNNiK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    Congratulations. I love mine. Gets hot though huh?

The only padding I put on mine was to wrap the left leg of the folding stock (7 strand paracord) because when it's 95 degrees (or 30) outside, the metal gets really hot (or cold) on your face real quick.

Gunandbag.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They're great, they're just a tad heavy. I've got one with the wood hand guards on it and that sucker runs around 10 lbs loaded.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Yeah they are heavy.

I can only imagine what a 75 round loaded drum does to it. I still intend on getting one just to "have". Any suggestions on what brand to get?

Shooting without the fold was fun lol

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They must not have staked it in right. That sucks, because that button is one of the better features on that rifle. Every AK should have it.

Top Bottom