• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickXD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Humble/Atascocita
    Two of my friends and I are going to make a purchase of powder and primers from Powder Valley (Powder Valley, Inc.)

The order will be placed sometime by February 3rd.

We are planning on getting 1000 LP primers and 2000 SP primers and bottles of W231, Power Pistol, and H335 powder.

That's what we are ordering, you can order anything you want.

If anyone wants to go in on the order and split the shipping and hazmat fees, let me know what you want and how much. Please be specific in your description, quantity and include the PV item number to avoid mistakes.

I live in the Humble area, so that's where everything is going to be shipped. One of my friends lives in Spring so we can meet anywhere between here and there.

So far, the hazmat and shipping is being split three ways, just trying to pass the savings on to everyone.

Thanks,
    -Nick
    Gun Zone Deals

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    uh...price? Group buy ain't worth a shit if I can get it at Ten Ring for the same price per unit...just saying...

NickXD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Humble/Atascocita
    ....If anyone wants to go in on the order and split the shipping and hazmat fees,...So far, the hazmat and shipping is being split three ways, just trying to pass the savings on to everyone.

Skinman, I drove to 10ring the other day and got some prices, here are some #'s for what I am going to order (for myself, my friends are ordering other stuff) comparing PV to 10ring.
    Just because it's local doesn't mean it's cheaper....

10Ring:
    1000x CCI#500 - $42.19 (incl. tax)
    1lb Alliant Power Pistol - $22.70 (incl.tax)
    1lb W231 - $25.40 (incl. tax)
    Total: $90.29

PV (w/ 3 people splitting Hazmat/Shipping-which I already have)
    1000x CCI#500 - $24.00
    1lb Alliant Power Pistol - $14.30
    1lb W231 - $16.90
    S/H: $12.96
    TOTAL: $68.16

SAVING: $22.13

Seems like a "No Brainer"... Just Sayin

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Just a suggestion, you'd save more buying cases of primers and 8lb kegs. $42 for a brick of primers is ridiculous, anything more than $25 per brick (before tax) is too high and more than $20 per lb of most powders is as well. If those were Federal Gold Match, maybe, but CCI500? Come on now.

We do piggybacks on our OEM orders from time to time but as matefrio pointed out, group purchases of any sort don't always work as smoothly as you would like them to.

NickXD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Humble/Atascocita
    Like I said, it's just for local (to my location) Houstonians to save since the shipping and hazmat is being split.

You can order what ever you want. I just wrote down what I'm ordering. You could order the moon if you wanted......

I'm not saying you have to buy what I buy, or that I want to do a bulk order of any one particular item... It's cheaper for me to order (with friends) through PV instead of paying $$$ in gas and taxes to drive to 10ring (awesome store).

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Looks like you have calculated it all out...I am pretty set with powder, primers, and bullets for now. I haven't needed to buy any primers or powder since last fall and the prices at 10-ring were not that high then. Let us know how this works out for you. I might go that way myself when I start getting low.

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    You need to go much bigger to get a better price.

My shooting buddy and I (katy area) went together and bought over 100,000 primers and over 70 lbs of powder at one whack from powder valley a few months back. My primers were $16.49 per thousand. For only a few thousand primers, get them from 10 ring or the like. You need a lot more to make it economic in my opinion.

Also think carefully how you will store and house a large load of primers to meet the fire code rules. That was one of our biggest stumbling blocks until we got some friends to store the excess at their houses.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    NickXD sometimes PV has a deal where they waive the haz mat fee or something like that. It's a heck of a deal. I bought 4lbs of a power I just can't find around the Houston area for $96 from PV.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    If I have space on a truck order, I can try to help you out as well. We typically max powder but primers are always a possibility. I'm in Houston almost every month but even with dealer pricing, sometimes the savings aren't always there versus going it alone. It also depends on the discounts we are getting based on our volume (100k v. 500k v. 1000k, etc) that we are ordering, but I'll throw it out there as a possibility for you as well.

Top Bottom