• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...s-security-issue-geomagnetic-storm-looms.html

A solar observatory in New Mexico was mysteriously evacuated last week and remains shut down until further notice, even as a geomagnetic storm bears down on Earth’s atmosphere.

According to local media, the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, NM has been closed since last Thursday, along with the nearby post office, and employees affected have no idea why.

The FBI has since showed up to the site and Blackhawk helicopters have been seen circling overhead, but officials remain tight-lipped as to what’s going on, saying only that they are ‘addressing a security issue.’

The mysterious activity has sparked conspiracy theories across the internet given its alignment with with this week's solar storm.

(Web notes: This is a weird one. The story popped up a couple days ago and is slowly working it's way around. The claimed reasons are extremely puzzling.)
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    plan-9-from-outer-space-2.jpg

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I am an avid conspiracy theory follower as my job allows a full day of one ear piece to listen to something. This solar observatory story however spawned some very good fodder.

I found several links to them having discovered planets (think planet X), other suns / stars, aliens and the one that made me ponder the most, The sun has actually "turned off" and exposed the sun simulator.

There is also info from a year ago about the .gov handing the place over to a college who may shut it down due to building a new or better solar scope. This will cause major economic hardship directly to the town.

Links to the area 51 being close by.

Links to that compound they found the extremists at with the kids.

Even a possible credible security threat.

The story is interesting to say the least and strange the FBI is so hush hush about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Sun spot is an unsecured area, with many different observatory/experiment buildings. Was run by NMU, now under a gov? agency. Cloudcroft evacuated but not Alamogordo - they used to close the highway to prevent seismic events messing with observations. Something special going on but no aliens!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    One possible hypothesis...

They're probably hiding weather tech. A hurricane heads towards the east coast. Stalls out and the damage isn't like it would have been.

So strap on the tin foil. Get the memes ready. Grab a blanket and head for the internal safe place.

There's examples of China messing with weather modifications. What use to be a spectacularly fantastic implausible capability is now nothing but a thing.

Nonchalant,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevor...e-weather-control-machine-the-size-of-alaska/

Whatever they're hiding. It doesn't help it being hid.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Missile fun over at White Sands?
    Doubt it. Mountain ridge runs for many miles. My swag is a observation of the sun activity this month and want no interruptions. Cloudcroft is a small tourist berg just down the road. FBI won't say - county sheriff doesn't have manpower to help or any need-to-know and would only provoke curiosity seekers if public knew. In the 60s I walked out from a Rockette show and the streets were lined with cops for a bomb scare. Terrorist stuff is handled different.

Top Bottom