• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Not political per se, but could go in that direction...

I'm new here so I'll start by saying I'm pro-LEO, I have family and many friends who are LEO.

We all know these things happen in a small percentage of cases, but it's still pretty terrifying to think that while protecting your own home from a perceived threat, you could lawfully get shot.

I don't know the answer, but would like to hear different thoughts on this.

It’s Time to Deal with the Police Threat to the Second Amendment

Police raid the wrong home? If the innocent homeowner is lawfully armed, he could end up dead.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-amendment-raid-wrong-home-shoot-innocent-man
    Texas SOT

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    IMO noknock warrants are a plague with very few exceptions. Anytime and innocent person's house is raided someone should do jail time and have their peace officer license stripped from them. "People(cops) make mistakes" is not an excuse in these cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No knock warrants have been abused, along with overuse of force.

Like the couple in their 70's who had their home raided because their imported vehicle did not have the right paperwork.

Majority of law enforcement is great. But no knocks need to be seriously reined in.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I understand the concept of the no knock warrant, but as pointed out, that concept has been abused. If I'm innocent and in my own home, I see no difference in getting shot legally during a mistaken no knock, or illegally during a break in.

I really don't want to get shot, so I'll do whatever I can to make sure I either don't, or survive if I do.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's a tough one. While certainly I believe LEO's or their office should be held accountable, there have probably been many times more that they have been praised for there actions in places where they have gotten it right. I feel bad for the loved ones of those mistakenly killed, and I would feel bad for an officer that would have to live with the fact he killed someone by mistake, but that doesn't mean he should be above the law. If any of us citizens mistakenly kill someone, it's called manslaughter, therefore if an LEO, whom is also a citizen, does the same, the same rules should apply.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My decision on this subject was made long ago. Yes, it was going to happen at my house until I resisted. Then, all of a sudden, I was a good guy and was left alone. One other man resisted and HE was left alone, afterwards!

The flicks of officers invading homes at gunpoint in Boston were typical of what can happen. Officers were looking for the single remaining bomber and they voided citizen rights to expedite that! Not one of those people resisted and later, officials claimed the searches never happened! Sorry pals......It was all on video!

These home invasions are nothing but fishing expeditions.

Flash

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The flicks of officers invading homes at gunpoint in Boston were typical of what can happen. Officers were looking for the single remaining bomber and they voided citizen rights to expedite that! Not one of those people resisted and later, officials claimed the searches never happened! Sorry pals......It was all on video!

These home invasions are nothing but fishing expeditions.

Flash

A bit of a gray area there technically speaking. I don't agree with what they did, and I don't know what words were exchanged when the went to each door, but technically if they say they want to come in and check for the bomber, and the homeowner grants permission for entry, then it's legal.

The question in my mind has always been, did they use the plain sight rule on anyone after that to arrest or hassle someone? That's the kind of info that doesn't make the news or the video.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    That article didn't even address no knocks. It was no knocks where they busted into the wrong house.
    And discussed the lack of liability for negligence, from the damages caused.

IMO government should play by the same rules as everyone else, they currently enjoy a carve out where their is virtually no civil responsibility for their negligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom