• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Like the title says, would like a 9mm replacement barrel for a CZ-52 pistol. Don't need an extended or ported one, just a plain ol' replacement for the 7.62x25 Tokarev barrel that is in it, slightly used would be ok also. Prefer it to have the roller cam and roller locks installed, but can use the one's original to it in a bind. Can't find if it needs a heaver recoil spring to go with the 9mm barrel, so advice there would be appreciated.

The usual suspects like Numrich, Sarco, Midway, AIM, Hessen, JSE, BuyMilSurp.com, etc. don't have them in stock.

If you got a line on one, or know a military gun parts supply house that might have one I would appreciate the link.
    Capitol Armory ad

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I think FAC was the only one ever making these, and they're long out of business.
    The CZ-52 is one of the few firearms I consider best used as cutting torch practice, the firing pin safeties are oftentimes broken. I lost a close friend when he dropped one and it discharged when it landed on a carpeted floor.

Eli

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think FAC was the only one ever making these, and they're long out of business.
    The CZ-52 is one of the few firearms I consider best used as cutting torch practice, the firing pin safeties are oftentimes broken. I lost a close friend when he dropped one and it discharged when it landed on a carpeted floor.

Eli

Sorry to hear about your friend Eli. I did check and the firing pin safety is working fine. Funny how it's very similar to a Colt Series 80 system, even though it's 30 years older than the Colts. Got an order out for a new firing pin, one out of hardened steel instead of the original brittle one in it now.

Will keep looking for a barrel if anyone else has a lead would love to find it.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    Good luck finding a 9mm barrel. Like someone noted, they haven't made them for a while. Used to be you'd see one on GunBroker every now and then -- but it's been a while since I've seen one.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Good luck with your search, if you find the barrel that will be all you need unless you want to switch between calibers. The spring and magazine are the same but the roller cam requires that you drive out the pin that holds it in place to use with both barrels which gets old real fast. I regret not getting the whole barrel assembly because a drop-in is the best way to go when you have a good supply of the original caliber.

Gunmonk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    New Braunfels TX
    I can't help you there, but have you considered the 22 Reed express? If I remember correctly a barrel liner was installed and the cartridge was necked down from a 25 to a 22 cal. The change resulted in an impressive velocity comming from a pistol. 2400 fps from 55 gr vmax etc. I can dig out the info if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I can't help you there, but have you considered the 22 Reed express? If I remember correctly a barrel liner was installed and the cartridge was necked down from a 25 to a 22 cal. The change resulted in an impressive velocity comming from a pistol. 2400 fps from 55 gr vmax etc. I can dig out the info if anyone is interested.

No, not that interested. That might be fun for a bit, just don't see it being something I would want long term. Finding a surplus barrel in original caliber is not too much trouble now, if they still had the sleeves. It looks like they don't have any in stock at Reeds, however doing all the brass work and reloading for it would be a little out of my scope right now. (Almost bit off on a 5.7 Johnson carbine which would have required a bit of work like that also.)

Interesting thing I found was a couple of barrels to convert your 1911 into taking the Tokarev round.

Thanks Gunmonk, it was interesting researching that little round though.

timetoshoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    spartanburg, SC
    Gentlemen: I aquired a CZ-52 9mm barrel in an estate buyout and while searching for someone to sell it to found this thread. Since Acera was the one to open this thread, I sent him a PM but he hasn't responded yet. Barrel is complete with the rollers, pins and thingie to hold it all together. Also have a firing pin and 14.5 # Wolff spring for the CZ-52. Here's a pic - WOW thats small, hope you can see it. I will be happy to email it to you. I don't remember the price I quoted Acera but I think it was $65 shipped via priority mail - Acera: if that's not correct tell me what I said.

thanks for any response, mike

cz 014.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yes, I am interested in purchasing it for that price.

Can't find my visitor messages folder, and you must have least 5 posts for the regular PM system to work.

Last edited:

hrhcsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    I just found this thread and I have a 9mm barrel complete with rollers that I am interested in selling... :>)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Welcome. Thanks for posting. While I already have mine, others have expressed an interest and maybe they will find it and make you an offer.

PM'd another few folks that were also interested. Bet you have a good offer in a day or so. :)

Last edited:

hrhcsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks.... I have a gun listed on GunBroker including the 9mm barrel with it... but I could pull the listing and separate them :>)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom