• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    I need a smith who can put Trijicon night sights on an XDM in the Austin, Killeen, Round Rock area. I have heard horror stories of people screwing up the slide and sights on XD/XDM pistols.

I spoke to a gunsmith in Killeen and he told me that he is not liable if he screwed up my slide or sights and would not pay to repair my slide or sights if he screwed them up. WTF!
    Texas SOT

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Scott's a good guy. Didn't know the shop moved, looks like its a much better location. I'll have to stop by and check it out.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    If you have a press you can do it yourself, but that is if you have a press. Also you will need to chill/freeze your slide in a freezer to contract the metal to make getting the sights out a littler easier. If you dont do it yourself ask the gunsmith the process or steps of how they get them out before you leave your slide with them. IMO

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    If you can't do it yourself (and it's not easy with XD's or XDm's) and can't find a smith you trust; send the slide and sights to Springer Precision or Daniel at Powder River Precision. James at Welcome does good work on sights and has a one day turnaround.

Top Bottom