• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LazermanTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Plano-Dallas- South Africa
    Hi All,

This thread is massive and I am reaching out to the experts. I want to put a decent scope on my plinker for some varmint hunting soon and targets a little further than my eye can see.

Mounting and zeroing it in must also be simple. Newbie here.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You may have to increase your budget a bit.

Mounting and zeroing procedures are pretty standard.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The bushnell is probably the best scope on that list (didn't look through all of them), avoid illumination and other bells and whistles when working on a budget. The bells and whistles will be low quality and they will cut corners in other areas to keep costs down as well. You end up with a "tactical" scope that isn't really good in any particular area.

Typically you need a mount designed for AR type rifles to get proper cheek weld and eye relief. Is that included in your budget? The Banner with a good mount would probably work fine for plinking and varmints out to typical .22 range.

Sent from my HAL 9000

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Check out Copes Dist. and they have Simmons and Tasco scopes that are good .
    I have a Tasco 3x9x40 that I have had for 12 years on an M14 with no problems .
    Sold the M14 and will soon be putting on my SKS.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

That's nice, I've never seen it before. That would work great on my new Savage 93.

savage-troy-landry-signature-series-93.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have had great luck with the Bushnell Banner dusk and dawn series. 3-9x by 40s sit on 3 different rifles I own. All zero easy and hold it. Probably the best scope under $80 IMO.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You will need scope mounts, rings, and a scope.

Can't get it done for less than 100 bucks.
    Sure it can...

I bought one of these scopes for the wife's .22 because it was cheap, but I liked it so well I bought one for my Marlin 60 as well. It's a bit large, but is a good .22 specific scope for the money. I really like adjustable objective on it. http://www.amazon.com/BSA-Sweet-Rifle-Scope-Matte/dp/B000NJUPAS

Since it's going on an AR you don't want to use rings. You'll need a forwardset mount like this one. http://www.primaryarms.com/pabasicsm/p/pabasicsm/

So there you go...scope and mount for $75.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've got two Bushnell Trophy Hunters (banner line) 4-12X40. I wouldn't trade them for nothin.

One has done time on a .50 BMG, held zero there and is still my go to scope of I'm having an accuracy issue I can't pin down and need a known good scope to test with.

Sent from my HAL 9000

LazermanTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Plano-Dallas- South Africa
    Sure it can...

I bought one of these scopes for the wife's .22 because it was cheap, but I liked it so well I bought one for my Marlin 60 as well. It's a bit large, but is a good .22 specific scope for the money. I really like adjustable objective on it. http://www.amazon.com/BSA-Sweet-Rifle-Scope-Matte/dp/B000NJUPAS

Since it's going on an AR you don't want to use rings. You'll need a forwardset mount like this one. http://www.primaryarms.com/pabasicsm/p/pabasicsm/

So there you go...scope and mount for $75.
    Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for the reply.

I think I will do this.

Torchrider

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Central Texas
    I would save up a little more and look for a used Leupold VX-1 2-7 or 3-9 scope for around $120-$150. I have purchased three in that price range for various .22's. Those are excellent scopes for the money and have a lifetime warranty.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    That's nice, I've never seen it before. That would work great on my new Savage 93.

savage-troy-landry-signature-series-93.jpg

I picked up the same gun when my LGS had a 20% off sale for only $240 and got a $25 rebate from Savage to boot. I just ordered a Redfield Tac .22 for it. Should provide an awesome giggle factor with my suppressor and subs.

Top Bottom