• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Interesting that reviewers called it 'hotter' and 'snappier'...not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
    The 500 rnd deal is the biggest they have in stock. With a new membership you get free std shipping and a couple of coupons for future purchases; however, the 1000 rnd deal looks even better...EXCEPT No tax, free shipping, 10% discount...on the 500 rnd order but no free shipping on the 1000 rnd order?
    Anyway, IF you are a 'member' OR if you join at the time of purchase AND will take advantage of discounts on future purchases, it looks like a pretty fair deal.(might beat fighting the crowds at Academy on Friday!)

If anyone in Austin wants to split a 500 rnd order, I'm tempted to join.(I'll likely jump anyway...just need to do a little cipherin' :) )
    Coach Rick

armycook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Arlington
    Bought 1000 two weeks ago and 1000 last week...got my bride polishing the cases as punishment for putting my iron skillet in the dishwasher.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Bought 1000 two weeks ago and 1000 last week...got my bride polishing the cases as punishment for putting my iron skillet in the dishwasher.
    It does handle and load a little dirty; but I've had no problems with the first 100 rnds through three pistols. Packaging is a little suspect as the 50 rnd boxes don't stay closed if the package gets tossed around a bit. Otherwise, a good purchase so far.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Thanks for the heads up! Bought two 1350 cases last night. I had a free shipping coupon so that made it very economical. I wanted to buy three, but I found out at checkout that there was a "heavy item" upcharge even with the free shipping coupon. I took one case off, and then the shipping was free! I'm sure I'll find another free shipping coupon soon so I can order another two cases

They do list it as backordered right now, but my experience with Sportsman's Guide is they are very reliable with their backorders. Back during the ammo shortages of oh-nine I'd just order a case of whatever I wanted and be patient. Sportsman's Guide kept me stocked up in those dark times

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thanks for the heads up! Bought two 1350 cases last night. I had a free shipping coupon so that made it very economical. I wanted to buy three, but I found out at checkout that there was a "heavy item" upcharge even with the free shipping coupon. I took one case off, and then the shipping was free! I'm sure I'll find another free shipping coupon soon so I can order another two cases

They do list it as backordered right now, but my experience with Sportsman's Guide is they are very reliable with their backorders. Back during the ammo shortages of oh-nine I'd just order a case of whatever I wanted and be patient. Sportsman's Guide kept me stocked up in those dark times

I just placed a second order, this time no ammo. They've got an interesting collection of 'stuff' and naturally they 'suckered' me in with their $10 gift card that was included with my first order. The most gun-related item on my second order was a set of ear protection--rated at NR 29--at a darned good price. We'll see. I've got a pretty basic set of Smith & Wesson 'ears'...these should be an upgrade.. RADIANS TERMINATOR EARMUFFS . Ordered a few long-sleeve 'covert' shirts and some pants to fill out the order. Of course, they included another coupon to keep me on the hook!

I've got another $10 coupon code but can't find a 'free shipping' coup. That might actually SAVE me some money! I need to step AWAY from the computer! :)

Top Bottom