• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Browning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would like to find a gunsmith who specializes or is very proficient in Browning Hi-Power. I have 2 and both have the same problem. I did not like the trigger pull and they need to be soothed and lightened. I've had them worked on a couple of times, well it lightened but the hammer went back to half cock. Took them back to fix, then it was the same as original. It smarts to shoot forty or so rounds. My Gun Smith I've been using is a good one, except he's very safety conscious and not exactly the one to go to for a trigger job. One BHP is A 1978 vintage and the other a pre "T" the 78 doesn't have a magazine safety. Please let me know if there good smithys out there. Cylinder and slide are expert BHP tune up guys, I don't want to send them 1st class on a Jumbo Jet$.
    Lynx Defense

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    J.B.

We can help you out. While I wouldn't say we specialize in Hi-Powers, we do a lot of trigger work, including on Brownings. About 4.5lbs seems to be the minimum safe pull weight on those, but it's a crisp clean pull, and generally a big improvement over the factory setup. Drop us a line or drop in if you'd like us to handle it for you.

Best,
    AD

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    J.B.

We can help you out. While I wouldn't say we specialize in Hi-Powers, we do a lot of trigger work, including on Brownings. About 4.5lbs seems to be the minimum safe pull weight on those, but it's a crisp clean pull, and generally a big improvement over the factory setup. Drop us a line or drop in if you'd like us to handle it for you.

Best,
    AD
    y'all should become TGT forum sponsors.....

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    y'all should become TGT forum sponsors.....

To be fair, they're lifetime supporters and didn't start this thread to advertise. I also respect this more than "trolling for PM's" and handling everything back-channel.

I'm not a mod/owner, though, so this is just my opinion.

To Greg's point, we always appreciate sponsors.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Just want to clear up any misunderstanding, I wasn't insinuating anything by my comment, if it came across that way I apologize. That was not my intent. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if we (TGT) could gain another sponsor. Like Mreed911 said, we always appreciate sponsors.

Top Bottom